The Sock Puppet Rides!

OK, The Sock been busy herdin' the little socks around and tryin' to stay on the good side of Mrs. Sock...

I may have misinterpretated a message on Tressel. Sounds like they was some disagreein' when it comes to who wants what. Tressel is still the odds on favorite in this horse race. One source calls him 75% N. The sock don't do math too good but them seem like descent odds. My peeps haven't heard Bielema's name anywhere. Sounds like the lawyers is involved right now trying to work out some bits n pieces with the NCAA.

Unfortunately, Bo isn't takin' these changes too good and will likely try to cause as much hurt to the Huskers as he can while he still can. The Sock is real sad to hear that and hopes that it turns out to be false. The Sock's also sad for the players. They lost they friend and mentor and they don't know what to think right now. Bein' kids like they is it's gotta be tough to take and they gonna say some stupid things (The Sock been there too) but hopefully it'll all settle down soon. Have patience and love for the kids is what The Sock thinks.

I think that's all for now.

Peace, Love and Huskers... Go Big Red!

I can understand Bo being upset, but hope he would take the high road, if not would there be any way to start taking away from that really nice 7.9 million dollar parting gift he's getting?

OK, The Sock been busy herdin' the little socks around and tryin' to stay on the good side of Mrs. Sock...

I may have misinterpretated a message on Tressel. Sounds like they was some disagreein' when it comes to who wants what. Tressel is still the odds on favorite in this horse race. One source calls him 75% N. The sock don't do math too good but them seem like descent odds. My peeps haven't heard Bielema's name anywhere. Sounds like the lawyers is involved right now trying to work out some bits n pieces with the NCAA.

Unfortunately, Bo isn't takin' these changes too good and will likely try to cause as much hurt to the Huskers as he can while he still can. The Sock is real sad to hear that and hopes that it turns out to be false. The Sock's also sad for the players. They lost they friend and mentor and they don't know what to think right now. Bein' kids like they is it's gotta be tough to take and they gonna say some stupid things (The Sock been there too) but hopefully it'll all settle down soon. Have patience and love for the kids is what The Sock thinks.

You're my favorite mythical creature

• Fire 4

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I seriously want to know why everyone is so gung ho about a Jim Tressel hire? Go ask buckeye fans what they remember about him. What I remember is conservative football to the point of madness. I specifically remember the seat kind of getting warm in Columbus before the whole Tatoo-gate thing because his teams were failing in the big games time after time. Granted I would take the success that he had while he was there in a heartbeat, but he was at the hands-down dominant program in the 4th largest recruiting hotbed in the country. One could argue that his teams, much like Mack Browns Texas teams, underperformed year after year.

That's not even mentioning the lack of integrity he showed when he hid knowledge of the tatoos for equipment thing going on with the players. In addition, what makes people think such a conservative football coach, who always ran a ball control type offense, would hire an O coordinator like Frost who would bring in an up tempo style offense. I just don't see it.

Pretty valid concerns I agree. Its a splash name hire but the issues you raise are legit. One thing I will say is that while what he did was wrong i think alot of it stemmed from him being close to his players and trying to protect them and it got out of hand. I don't think he ran a dirty program. But yeah he isn't my first choice by any stretch

Lets just make sure he doesn't meet any local car dealers..

Here is what scares me .....

Socket puppet mentioned "someone else" ...

Not sure why but that gives me an uneasy feeling.

We all know there is a short list already from the names being tossed around.

Who knows the big 10 better than Tressel whether you like him or not...?

With the few names being dropped I believe recruiting, winning immediately and giving us the best shot at a championship is Tressel.

He is respected in the business and IMO could settle the waters quicker than anyone.

We lost 3 commits already and morale amongst the players is lower today than when we got curbed stomped by whisky.

No joke!!

I agree. I have the same uneasy feeling, and it would likely be worse if there was a hiring committee involved. But in this age of group think, the fact that Eichorst stated unequivocally that HE would be conducting his own search makes me think he's less likely to be influenced by outside opinion than would others.

Even so, it's been over 3 hours since the Sock Puppet has posted anything--I was kind of hoping for hourly updates. Looks like my tribute to Jim Henson wasn't enough to appease him.

My biggest concern with all this Tressel talk is, if Tressel is not hired, there is going to be such a huge letdown and a loud "WTF?" that this turns into Callahan 2.0. I hope for fans sake, Tressel is hired otherwise a lot of fans will have reservations about the new guy that they may not have had with Tressel.

I can understand Bo being upset, but hope he would take the high road, if not would there be any way to start taking away from that really nice 7.9 million dollar parting gift he's getting?

To say nothing of the fact that burning things down like that on the way out will cripple a guy getting another job. One constant in coaching is guys get hired and fired, and for the most part, no one makes a point to burn bridges like that.

I miss judged you socko... you are not an enemy, but a kind and gentle friend. Who hopefully has good and reliable sources
  • Fire 1

Yes, you can take away some of that 7.9 mil if he is being an ass hat. There are terms.

The sock hit a home run in more than one way. Bo will cause this program nothing but problems, it was the main reason I did not want him here. He caused many problems for over a year for the former staff. He will try to take away every recruit we have committed,, he will try to undermine the new coaching staff. I was privy to this information when he left, since my inner ties have been severed. He was not liked by many, and I still feel he was forced on Coach Osborne the last time. Get him out and keep him as far away as possible. This is truth.

• Fire 1

We can be reasonably sure that SE already knew who to contact and what to say regarding the NCAA. He has certainly been dealing with them when at Miami. He walked into that mess without knowledge of what he was getting into, but may have exited with good tools to deal with a Tressel type of issue. If so, we are probably way out in front on this.

The kids are always upset when a change occurs. Who wouldn't be. Hopefully it is Tressel or someone of similar experience. That should help defuse things.

The Sock don't want to say nothing bad about nobody but with the way the kids is talkin' it's probably good for us folks to know that they may have been led that way and be just angry and scared and frustrated. It ain't they's fault. Just support 'em and love em for bein' Huskers.

sock, what is going on with rick kaczenski? Did he really cause a huge stir in village inn?

• Fire 1