The Sock Puppet Rides!

I'm beginning to understand that it can't be Tressel. Apparently can't coach till 2017

he can as long as the hiring institution can "show cause" for why they shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him. Would have to sit out first 5 games and bowl game unless it's negotiated down or out by the school.

You would think if we were going that route we would have gone down that road already

I'm beginning to understand that it can't be Tressel. Apparently can't coach till 2017

he can as long as the hiring institution can "show cause" for why they shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him. Would have to sit out first 5 games and bowl game unless it's negotiated down or out by the school.

You would think if we were going that route we would have gone down that road already

Maybe we have?

Here is what scares me .....

Socket puppet mentioned "someone else" ...

Not sure why but that gives me an uneasy feeling.

We all know there is a short list already from the names being tossed around.

Who knows the big 10 better than Tressel whether you like him or not...?

With the few names being dropped I believe recruiting, winning immediately and giving us the best shot at a championship is Tressel.

He is respected in the business and IMO could settle the waters quicker than anyone.

We lost 3 commits already and morale amongst the players is lower today than when we got curbed stomped by whisky.

No joke!!

Here is what scares me .....

Socket puppet mentioned "someone else" ...

Not sure why but that gives me an uneasy feeling.

We all know there is a short list already from the names being tossed around.

Who knows the big 10 better than Tressel whether you like him or not...?

With the few names being dropped I believe recruiting, winning immediately and giving us the best shot at a championship is Tressel.

He is respected in the business and IMO could settle the waters quicker than anyone.

We lost 3 commits already and morale amongst the players is lower today than when we got curbed stomped by whisky.

No joke!!

I agree. I have the same uneasy feeling, and it would likely be worse if there was a hiring committee involved. But in this age of group think, the fact that Eichorst stated unequivocally that HE would be conducting his own search makes me think he's less likely to be influenced by outside opinion than would others.

Even so, it's been over 3 hours since the Sock Puppet has posted anything--I was kind of hoping for hourly updates. Looks like my tribute to Jim Henson wasn't enough to appease him.