The Sock Puppet Rides!

The longer they wait to announce it, the bigger splash the hire is going to have to be in order to appease the fans.

A lot of that is on the fans. People go batsh#t crazy during these times. They build themselves up with lists of coaches, most of whom were never in consideration at all, or wouldn't consider taking the job if offered. They listen to sports radio talk about "where there's smoke there's fire" despite the fact that this smoke is other talk radio guys or message board guys rehashing someone else's fake list. They allow this stuff to raise their expectations over and over until they get into a frenzy so that, short of Bob Devaney returning from the grave with Osborne as his OC and McBride back for another go at DC, they're going to be disappointed.

Unrealized expectations. That's what we'll deal with when the announcement is made.

• Fire 1

Could it really be Tressel? It seems that this move was planned carefully and after a lot of deliberation, possibly starting the moment after Bo uttered, "If they want to fire me, go ahead" a whole year ago.

This would give SE plenty of time to reach out to a splash candidate like the Vest and secure something big. I'm holding out hope for a fashion statement.

I believe that IS where it began. SE sat Bo down and gave him more money to recruit and pay his assistants and then demanded progress, when Bo couldn't get us past 9-3, he got canned. He also probably knew it was coming.

I also agree that the longer we wait, the bigger the announcement must be. However, I'm of the opinion that SE had his man before firing Pelini, which also leads me to believe that this person was also on SE's radar since last November. In turn this leads me to believe that this person may not have had a job over this past year... A la Jim Tressel.

Could it really be Tressel? It seems that this move was planned carefully and after a lot of deliberation, possibly starting the moment after Bo uttered, "If they want to fire me, go ahead" a whole year ago.

This would give SE plenty of time to reach out to a splash candidate like the Vest and secure something big. I'm holding out hope for a fashion statement.

I believe that IS where it began. SE sat Bo down and gave him more money to recruit and pay his assistants and then demanded progress, when Bo couldn't get us past 9-3, he got canned. He also probably knew it was coming.

I also agree that the longer we wait, the bigger the announcement must be. However, I'm of the opinion that SE had his man before firing Pelini, which also leads me to believe that this person was also on SE's radar since last November. This leads me to believe that this person may not have had a job over this past year... A la Jim Tressel.

Oh, Bo definitely knew it was coming after the Wisconsin game. His demeanor was completely different after that one.

The longer they wait to announce it, the bigger splash the hire is going to have to be in order to appease the fans.

A lot of that is on the fans. People go batsh#t crazy during these times. They build themselves up with lists of coaches, most of whom were never in consideration at all, or wouldn't consider taking the job if offered. They listen to sports radio talk about "where there's smoke there's fire" despite the fact that this smoke is other talk radio guys or message board guys rehashing someone else's fake list. They allow this stuff to raise their expectations over and over until they get into a frenzy so that, short of Bob Devaney returning from the grave with Osborne as his OC and McBride back for another go at DC, they're going to be disappointed.

Unrealized expectations. That's what we'll deal with when the announcement is made.

I never said it was rational or fair. Hence the term "fanatics".

I also agree that the longer we wait, the bigger the announcement must be. However, I'm of the opinion that SE had his man before firing Pelini, which also leads me to believe that this person was also on SE's radar since last November. This leads me to believe that this person may not have had a job over this past year... A la Jim Tressel.

Oh, Bo definitely knew it was coming after the Wisconsin game. His demeanor was completely different after that one.

A demeanor like, "Hey, I'm actually not a crazy lunatic...maybe you should hire me." Yeah, I agree. He knew after Wisconsin.

I never said it was rational or fair. Hence the term "fanatics".

That wasn't intended to be a rebuttal, just an observation. Not saying you're wrong about anything, just quoted it because it led into what I was thinking.

Anybody listen to 1620 with sharp and banning? Supposedly they said that Nebraska will announce Jim Tressel as HC with Scott

Frost as OC.

I honestly think they're mocking the fan base with that comment

Yeah, cause SE went down there and leaked that to them. B.S. SE isn't letting anyone know anything hence the lack of leaks and credible information. He isn't going to say anything until he's standing in front of the mics and that's probably only shortly after he speaks with the Regents so that they know a minute before the world knows.

Anybody listen to 1620 with sharp and banning? Supposedly they said that Nebraska will announce Jim Tressel as HC with Scott

Frost as OC.

I honestly think they're mocking the fan base with that comment

Yeah, cause SE went down there and leaked that to them. B.S. SE isn't letting anyone know anything hence the lack of leaks and credible information. He isn't going to say anything until he's standing in front of the mics and that's probably only shortly after he speaks with the Regents so that they know a minute before the world knows.
I agree I think he's just mocking the fan base because of all these Tressel/Frost rumors