The Sock Puppet Rides!

Thanks sock for providing us all some entertainment and camaraderie this week.

While we are all probably disappointed that JT hasn't been chosen as our savior, we can all admit that this thread brought us together and was a ton of fun!

Now, from everything I've been reading about our new head coach, it is obvious he is a true class act, a great and respected coach, and has the potential to do wonders at a program like Nebraska.

He deserves the full support of our fan base until he proves otherwise. It's our way! It's the Husker way! Best fans in the Nation!

GBR!!!

• Fire 2

2 hours ago

I'll try. Riley has done yeoman's work in bringing any talent to Corvallis, so he knows how to recruit despite geographic disadvantages. He gets good results despite a talent and resource disadvantage (albeit with a drop-off over the past couple of years). He's widely known to be one of the nicest, most genuine guys in all of college football, which would definitely be a atmosphere change after Bo.

From Reddit. UCLA Fan saying this. I found this very encouraging

Do you think Oregon has more or less geographic disadvantages than Nebraska?

Corvallis has so many more it's laughable.

With the exception of proximity to the ocean, mountains, west coast talent, and playing in a better conference you are correct.

LOL

Ok dude, they get outspent 50-1 by their closest competitor, have facilities that some Texas High schools laugh at, were 1-3 win team at most before him, and he still gets talent comparable to our last coach.

How about you let the man at least have a press conference before you jettison the guy.

• Fire 4

Ah, yes. The happenin' beaches of Corvallis where the players go hang five days a week after practice. They also get to look at mountains.

Yep, when I think of Corvallis, I think of a happening beach scene.

Seriously, and that WAS THE FIRST THING HE BROUGHT UP!!

Methinks someone hasn't been to Oregon.

2 hours ago

I'll try. Riley has done yeoman's work in bringing any talent to Corvallis, so he knows how to recruit despite geographic disadvantages. He gets good results despite a talent and resource disadvantage (albeit with a drop-off over the past couple of years). He's widely known to be one of the nicest, most genuine guys in all of college football, which would definitely be a atmosphere change after Bo.

With the exception of proximity to the ocean, mountains, west coast talent, and playing in a better conference you are correct.

LOL

Ok dude, they get outspent 50-1 by their closest competitor, have facilities that some Texas High schools laugh at, were 1-3 win team at most before him, and he still gets talent comparable to our last coach.

How about you let the man at least have a press conference before you jettison the guy.

The topic was "geographic disadvantages," but ramble on.

2 hours ago

LOL

The topic was "geographic disadvantages," but ramble on.

You clearly havent been to Corrvallis if you think there's any geographic advantage whatsoever.

If your retort is "derp TEH west coast!" please understand to fly to Corvallis you have to fly to Portland and drive two hours or fly to Eugene, where UO is.

Ah, yes. The happenin' beaches of Corvallis where the players go hang five days a week after practice. They also get to look at the mountains.

Cannon beach has an awesome surf! That's the very north end of Oregon thoigh.

Ah, yes. The happenin' beaches of Corvallis where the players go hang five days a week after practice. They also get to look at the mountains.

Cannon beach has an awesome surf! That's the very north end of Oregon thoigh.
3 hrs away. Touch chilly too.

You clearly havent been to Corrvallis if you think there's any geographic advantage whatsoever.

If your retort is "derp TEH west coast!" please understand to fly to Corvallis you have to fly to Portland and drive two hours or fly to Eugene, where UO is.

I know full well where Corvallis is located, I was there this week and have a map.

Take your in-state recruits and your bordering states' recruits, would you rather be in Oregon or Nebraska?

• Fire 1

I know full well where Corvallis is located, I was there this week and have a map.

Take your in-state recruits and your bordering states' recruits, would you rather be in Oregon or Nebraska?

I'd rather have Riley recruiting with his contacts in Nebraska with Nebraska resources than Bo recruiting in Corvallis with their resources. Period.

And I'm assuming you went to Bandon recently, which, goddammit I'm jealous. I had a trip fall through, but that's nowhere near Corvallis either.