The Sock Puppet Rides!

2 hours ago

I'll try. Riley has done yeoman's work in bringing any talent to Corvallis, so he knows how to recruit despite geographic disadvantages. He gets good results despite a talent and resource disadvantage (albeit with a drop-off over the past couple of years). He's widely known to be one of the nicest, most genuine guys in all of college football, which would definitely be a atmosphere change after Bo.

From Reddit. UCLA Fan saying this. I found this very encouraging

Do you think Oregon has more or less geographic disadvantages than Nebraska?
Corvallis has so many more it's laughable.
With the exception of proximity to the ocean, mountains, west coast talent, and playing in a better conference you are correct.
LOL

Ok dude, they get outspent 50-1 by their closest competitor, have facilities that some Texas High schools laugh at, were 1-3 win team at most before him, and he still gets talent comparable to our last coach.

How about you let the man at least have a press conference before you jettison the guy.

So, money spent and facilities. How about the weather? Proximity to talent?

The last i checked, Riley's recruiting consisted of mostly 2* and low 3* recruits, which isn't as good as our previous staff.

The bright side is at least that level of recruiting can keep us competitive in our current division.

So if he can beat top 10 teams with 2* and 3* talent imagine what he can do with better talent, facilities, and resources
Hopefully not lose to multiple FCS schools.

But i thought that this was about playing championship football, not about becoming Iowa State.

Edit: i tell you what, since he is so great. With the upgrade in talent, facilities, and a favorably weak schedule next year, anything less than an undefeated season and a trip to the playoffs next year should mean that he should be looking for a job.

I'd love to place an over/under on how many more years under Pelini would've turned us

into Iowa State, but thankfully, we'll never know how that bet would've played out.

It's fun to make statements that can't be proven.

I don't make many absolute statements, but when i do, they come true.

1) Callahan would be a failure at NU. check

2) Armstrong will not be better than Martinez. Check

3) if you fire another 9/10 win coach, you're not going to get a better one. Check

2 predictions, we will be more likely to have a losing season next year than we will to go undefeated, and this coach will never win a conference championship.

Hope he proves me wrong

2 hours ago

I'll try. Riley has done yeoman's work in bringing any talent to Corvallis, so he knows how to recruit despite geographic disadvantages. He gets good results despite a talent and resource disadvantage (albeit with a drop-off over the past couple of years). He's widely known to be one of the nicest, most genuine guys in all of college football, which would definitely be a atmosphere change after Bo.

With the exception of proximity to the ocean, mountains, west coast talent, and playing in a better conference you are correct.
LOL

Ok dude, they get outspent 50-1 by their closest competitor, have facilities that some Texas High schools laugh at, were 1-3 win team at most before him, and he still gets talent comparable to our last coach.

How about you let the man at least have a press conference before you jettison the guy.

The last i checked, Riley's recruiting consisted of mostly 2* and low 3* recruits, which isn't as good as our previous staff.

The bright side is at least that level of recruiting can keep us competitive in our current division.

So if he can beat top 10 teams with 2* and 3* talent imagine what he can do with better talent, facilities, and resources

But i thought that this was about playing championship football, not about becoming Iowa State.

Edit: i tell you what, since he is so great. With the upgrade in talent, facilities, and a favorably weak schedule next year, anything less than an undefeated season and a trip to the playoffs next year should mean that he should be looking for a job.

I'd love to place an over/under on how many more years under Pelini would've turned us

into Iowa State, but thankfully, we'll never know how that bet would've played out.

3) if you fire another 9/10 win coach, you're not going to get a better one. Check

2 predictions, we will be more likely to have a losing season next year than we will to go undefeated, and this coach will never win a conference championship.

Hope he proves me wrong

Proving you wrong has a history of being in most people's skill set. I'm sure Mike Riley has it covered as well

2 hours ago

LOL

Hope he proves me wrong

Are you always in a pissy mood?

• Fire 1

2 hours ago

LOL

Hope he proves me wrong

No you don't.

2 hours ago

LOL

Hope he proves me wrong

Proving you wrong has a history of being in most people's skill set. I'm sure Mike Riley has it covered as well

I dont get it, whats your guys deal. If he doesnt like it then let him not like it. As far as im concerned the only thing that is a home run is his demeanor and thats it. His coaching in a top level is unproven. Hell Paul Rhodes has a history of upsetting top 25 teams and no one was betting on him as a splash hire. He has never worked in a high profile job like Nebraska he has never had to deal with these types of pressures. You just dont know how he is going to handle it. He has a right to be pissed, im sorry if you guys are just gonna keep on pumping the sunshine none of us who dont like this hire are gonna be all over it. Thought you guys wanted to win, not someone to be nice.

Hope he proves me wrong

I dont get it, whats your guys deal. If he doesnt like it then let him not like it.

It's not his opinion on this one particular matter that people give a crap about.

2 hours ago

LOL

Hope he proves me wrong

It's like you read my mind. And many, many others.

Good question. I guess i am kindof a d!ck, i sometimes wonder how I've got as many good friends as i do. I know I'm more fun when I'm drinking and partying, so there is that.

Actually, the last couple of weeks have sucked. A couple of close family members have been dealing with serious health issues, thanksgiving turned into sh!t show, work has been a cluster, and now this.

Uggg.

But thanks for asking.

Good question. I guess i am kindof a d!ck, i sometimes wonder how I've got as many good friends as i do. I know I'm more fun when I'm drinking and partying, so there is that.

Actually, the last couple of weeks have sucked. A couple of close family members have been dealing with serious health issues, thanksgiving turned into sh!t show, work has been a cluster, and now this.

Uggg.

But thanks for asking.

keep your chin up bud life gets better. do some research on the new coach, I was pissed at noon, a happy camper now

Uggg.

But thanks for asking.

Sorry to hear you're dealing with sh#t right now (I'll pray for your family members) but man...relax. The sky is not falling with the hiring of Riley

After the tongue lashin' The Sock took today, I think The Source done runned off. If The Sock hears anything, it'll be posted here.

Sock you provided us with about 48 pages of pure bliss...and you nailed the Pelini firing. Don't take it so hard. SE had EVERYONE fooled. You're still alright in my book.

Uggg.

But thanks for asking.

I often come off as a jerk on these threads. It's just my delivery a lot of times but in reality I'm pretty upbeat and easy going. I think I'm just too passionate about my Husker football. So I understand where you're coming from. I've been trying to watch how I respond to posts on here because it usually comes off much worse than I intend.