The Sock Puppet Rides!

You clearly havent been to Corrvallis if you think there's any geographic advantage whatsoever.

If your retort is "derp TEH west coast!" please understand to fly to Corvallis you have to fly to Portland and drive two hours or fly to Eugene, where UO is.

I know full well where Corvallis is located, I was there this week and have a map.

Take your in-state recruits and your bordering states' recruits, would you rather be in Oregon or Nebraska?

I'd rather have Riley recruiting with his contacts in Nebraska with Nebraska resources than Bo recruiting in Corvallis with their resources. Period.

Thanks for your opinion on that random comparison, but that still has little to do with the original topic. Again.

The Sock don't mind takin' the heat. When The Source runs dry, The Sock don't lie!

The Source, all of em', is good folks who thought they was helpin' is what The Sock believes. Unfortunately, it turned out different from what we was wantin' and expectin'. The Sock is workin' hard not to be disappointed too.

The Sock was transparent from the very first about not knowin' nuthin' hisself. The Sock didn't do nuthin' to mislead folks, just sayin' what he was told by folks who was tryin' they best.

If folks want to attack The Sock, go ahead, but weren't nuthin' done on purpose to hurt or mislead Husker Brothers n' Sisters. Feel free to quit readin' The Sock or even block The Sock. It don't matter none to The Sock. The Sock can sleep just fine knowin' he had good intentions all along.

The Sock tryin' to learn more about Coach Riley and bein' hopeful for the future of the Huskers. That's all The Sock can do now just like Husker Brothers n' Sisters and I hope folks will join me in doin' just that.

GO BIG RED!

Don't sweat it, sock. You were just providing a service to the outsiders and can't be blamed for bad information. Garbage in, garbage out. You united a fan base and touched off days of some of the best content in Husker Board history. Keep your little double-stitched chin up, buddy.

By the way, nearly every national pundit from rivals to Espn to whomever you pick is saying it's hard to recruit to Corvallis so......

I do think it would be hard to recruit to Corvallis, I never said it wouldn't be. They don't have the resources, facilities, prestige, etc. I questioned Oregon having a geographic disadvantage when compared to Nebraska. I thought that was clear, but I guess not.

By the way, nearly every national pundit from rivals to Espn to whomever you pick is saying it's hard to recruit to Corvallis so......

I do think it would be hard to recruit to Corvallis, I never said it wouldn't be. They don't have the resources, facilities, prestige, etc. I questioned Oregon having a geographic disadvantage when compared to Nebraska. I thought that was clear, but I guess not.
Corvallis does have a disadvantage compared to Lincoln.

Didn't recruiting analysts gush over Bill Callahan's hiring, too?

As much as it pains me to say, they were right. Callahan's recruiting was stellar.

That's my point. Yes, Callahan was a good recruiter, but that didn't translate into a successful coaching career in Lincoln. I hope to God Riley fares much better!

2 hours ago

I'll try. Riley has done yeoman's work in bringing any talent to Corvallis, so he knows how to recruit despite geographic disadvantages. He gets good results despite a talent and resource disadvantage (albeit with a drop-off over the past couple of years). He's widely known to be one of the nicest, most genuine guys in all of college football, which would definitely be a atmosphere change after Bo.

From Reddit. UCLA Fan saying this. I found this very encouraging

Do you think Oregon has more or less geographic disadvantages than Nebraska?
Corvallis has so many more it's laughable.
With the exception of proximity to the ocean, mountains, west coast talent, and playing in a better conference you are correct.
LOL

Ok dude, they get outspent 50-1 by their closest competitor, have facilities that some Texas High schools laugh at, were 1-3 win team at most before him, and he still gets talent comparable to our last coach.

How about you let the man at least have a press conference before you jettison the guy.

So, money spent and facilities. How about the weather? Proximity to talent?

The last i checked, Riley's recruiting consisted of mostly 2* and low 3* recruits, which isn't as good as our previous staff.

The bright side is at least that level of recruiting can keep us competitive in our current division.