Players boycotting the bowl game?

Hammerhead

I'm on a few Husker-related groups on Facebook, and buried among the massive freakout over the announcement of Pelini's dismissal are several people mentioning that the players are boycotting the bowl game now. Obviously these Facebook groups aren't exactly hotbeds of intelligent discussion, and some of the people in those groups will latch on to the first rumor they hear and refuse to let go, so I'm not putting a whole lot of stock in this (especially since most of the people mentioning a player boycott are the ones who are upset, maybe even downright furious, over the decision, which makes me think it's just sour grapes talking), but since I didn't see any discussion of it here, I figured I'd see if anyone else is seeing mention of such a thing, whether from the players or other reliable sources.

If they want their scholarship revoked, they can go right ahead and do that.

What us vs them mentality,right?

one of my biggest faults with BO... us vs.. always seemed to lead to us vs husker nation.

• Fire 1

The players say that Pelini doesn't just coach, he develops men. I'll take them at their word and expect them to play hard in the bowl game.

It is possible that they think the honorable thing to do is not to go if they have to leave their coach behind. They also might believe the fans and university were less than honorable in their dealings with the team and its coach, so they now owe them nothing.

Pelini is no longer our coach but we are still Nebraska

Define for the players exactly who is included in "we"?
I would assume that themselves and their teammates that wear the N, the guys before them that strapped it up every Saturday might count for something?

Good lord, have they lost all pride? I hope not.

If your coach means. Ore than yourself and your teammates, then you're blinded by some misplaced loyalty. The guys on the field beside you is who you work in the weight room for. That's who you practice for. You come to Nebraska to represent yourself and your teammates in a glorious, historic program that has all the tools to make you a champion.

If that wasn't what it was all about, then why are you playing the game? What, for nine wins a year? That's what you're playing for?

The whole issue was that the program wasn't achieving their best. When did that just become okay? If it has, then that's sad. That's called settling for less. If you do it out there on the field, or in the weight room, then you probably do it in every aspect of life. Compete to win. Win them all.

We just gonna be Wisconsins bitch from now on? Like we were for Texas?

If anything, some players might not play 100%. And I think those players would be the ones that are transferring. Personally, I don't know why he chose to fire him before the bowl game. It just seems like something you would do a coach that goes 7 - 5 or 6 - 6, not 9 - 3.

Because you give the new coaching staff an additional month to salvage the roster and recruitig class. Whats the point of keeping Bo around forbsn additional month?

If some players do boycott the game, it will speak volumes about their character. Which is something Pelini always preached.

If they do end up boycotting then I wouldn't expect any head coach with half a brain to take them if they wanted to transfer. This won't be the last time someone makes a decision that affects your life that you don't like. Move on and grow from it.
  • Fire 3

IF (big 'IF') any of this Facebook -ugh- stuff were even close to being true: These players ain't dumb. Emotional, passionate, young - yes, but not dumb. They ain't gonna 'boycott' a game tha they worked so hard to get to. They have a lot invested and I don't theink they'll fall for any BS. Bo will tell them to quit being ass-hats if they even think about it.