Omaha 1620 The zone: Dan Mullen following...

He may have trouble recruiting here with our higher admission standards

UGA grad and husker fan on mullen:

UGA grad here,go to Lincoln about once a yr w/best friend,Husker season tix holder.Love games there--Y'all do NOT want Mullen. There is a reason he wasn't given the time of day by UF when Meyer left and isn't now.Foley knows him better than just about any other AD,MSU,excepted.And won't hire him. 1 )He's an ass.Would not fit well w/Husker fans or admin AT ALL (brusque,loud,from NH) 2) his O has to have a special QB,Tebow or Prescott--thay don't come around often 3) BIG DEAL-- little known fact: in Miss,it's a state law that any instate juco graduating from a JUCO in the state system,HAS to be accepted into any 4 yr school w/in the system.Entrance requirement to Miss Jucos is a PULSE.Bottom line:there is a pipeline from 4 jucos in Miss,where virtual non qualifiers,can go to juco,then play at Ole Miss,MSU and S. Miss.-- That ain't happening at UN.Y'all have integrity and deserve a classy coach. That AIN'T Mullen.--Y'all need an O guy whose a TOP SALESMAN and recruiter,that can get OOS kids to want come and be part of a great tradition.Great school,fans and tradition,but weather and distance make it a tough sell,especially to warm weather kids..

it's not the schools entrance requirements that matter, it's the NCAA. just because they can be accepted to the Miss schools doesn't mean they are eligible to play - one does not equal the other. not saying our admissions standards aren't higher, but at the end of the day it's the NCAA standards that matter and I can't think of too many cases where they've met those, yet failed to gain entrance to Nebraska. maybe once?

and considering miss st. hasn't pulled in any more than 2-3 JUCO guys year it doesn't seem to be much of a "pipeline" when their classes average 28+

Not sure what the actual entrance requirements are but I swam at a D1 mid-major school my first two years of college and to maintain your eligibility you had to have a 1.8 GPA. Those were NCAA requirements, so I would imagine that things aren't too stringent down there and to qualify for Nebraska is probably what that guy was getting at.

Also on Sharp and Benning they had Scott Roussel from Football scoop who they say is very knowledgeable and said that Scott Frost IS NOT coming to Nebraska per a very trusted source, and he said that he tried the what ifs and it was dismissed and said he is not going to Nebraska at this time. Basically said that we are not interested in a coach that doesn't have head coaching experience. It really sounds to me that we may have the coach already picked.

Why is Dan Mullen so great? He is sitting on the same number of losses as Nebraska. One of those losses is 30-0 to......ARKANSAS!!!!!!

Not sure why he is such a hot commodity.

Wrong Mississippi school

Ahhhh...you are right. His team lost 31-17 to the team that lost 30-0 to ARKANSAS!!!!!!!

The same Arkansas team that lost to Alabama by 1. The same Arkansas team that lost Mullen by 7. The same Arkansas team that man handled LSU. The same Arkansas team that hadn't allowed ONE SINGLE POINT in the 9 quarters.

And finally the same Arkansas team despite having a 6-5 record had more votes than a 8-3 Nebraska team leading into last week.

• Fire 1

WOOAAAHH THERE hypebeasts. chill out on dan mullen.

Mississippi State Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (2009–present)

2009 Mississippi State 5–7

2010 Mississippi State 9–4

2011 Mississippi State 7–6

2012 Mississippi State 8–5

2013 Mississippi State 7–6

2014 Mississippi State 10–2

Mississippi State: 46–30

GpdJNjE.gif

WOOAAAHH THERE hypebeasts. chill out on dan mullen.

Mississippi State Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (2009–present)

2009 Mississippi State 5–7

2010 Mississippi State 9–4

2011 Mississippi State 7–6

2012 Mississippi State 8–5

2013 Mississippi State 7–6

2014 Mississippi State 10–2

Mississippi State: 46–30

The operative word here is "Mississippi State".

That said, would not read too much into this. It's recruiting. Most likely recruiting for Mississippi State.

Why is Dan Mullen so great? He is sitting on the same number of losses as Nebraska. One of those losses is 30-0 to......ARKANSAS!!!!!!

Not sure why he is such a hot commodity.

Wrong Mississippi school

Ahhhh...you are right. His team lost 31-17 to the team that lost 30-0 to ARKANSAS!!!!!!!

The same Arkansas team that lost to Alabama by 1(Moral victory....yaaaa....I remember Bo having some of those). The same Arkansas team that lost Mullen by 7. The same Arkansas team that man handled LSU(That same LSU program that isn't that good this year and has 4 losses themselves?That same LSU that is 116th in passing yards and 77th in points for?). The same Arkansas team that hadn't allowed ONE SINGLE POINT in the 9 quarters.

And finally the same Arkansas team despite having a 6-5 record had more votes than a 8-3 Nebraska team leading into last week.

As for Mullen the hire, we could do a lot worse, and did for the past 11 years.

:lol:

A simple look at the history of Mississippi st football and the history of Nebraska football will suffice in a counter.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Do you mean like wins and losses the last 6-7 years?

I don't think Mullen is all that he is made out to be. I'm not the one who sees the need to continue to berate Pelini. Keep fighting the good fight.

• Fire 2