David Shaw

slwags

Shaw is the guy I've been pimping even before Bo was gone.

David Shaw's Coaching Resume (in notable wins):

2011: 11-2 with wins over:

• #22 Washington
  • #20 USC
  • #22 Notre Dame

Losses to:

• #6 Oregon
  • #4 Oklahoma State (Fiesta Bowl)

2012: 12-2 with wins over:

• #2 USC
  • #13 Oregon State
  • #1 Oregon
  • #15 UCLA
  • #17 UCLA (Conference Championship game

Losses To:

• Unranked Washington
  • #7 Notre Dame

2013: 11-3 with wins over:

• #23 Arizona State
  • #15 Washington
  • #9 UCLA
  • #2 Oregon
  • #25 Notre Dame
  • #11 Arizona State

Losses To:

• Unranked Utah
  • Unranked USC
  • #4 Sparty

2014: 7-5 with wins over:

• #9 UCLA

Losses To:

• #14 USC
  • #9 Notre Dame
  • #17 Arizona State
  • #5 Oregon
  • #25 Utah

Mind you - of his 5 losses this year, only the losses to Oregon and Arizona State were double digit losses (45-16 and 26-10, respectively). The other three games, he lost by a TOTAL COMBINED NINE POINTS.

Dude is nine points and one double overtime from being 10-2.

My buddy works at LNK.

Here is the timeline of events he can confirm.

NOV 29th - Perlman - LNK>DEN>SFO

NOV 30th - BO FIRED

DEC 1st - Eichorst - LNK>DEN>SFO

No return flights have been booked as of today.

Now that the Michigan job is open once again, I would bet they aren't there to see Jim Harbaugh (fine by me).

My money is on David Shaw being the next HC at Nebraska. His offense is EXACTLY what we need in the B1G West to compete with Minnesota & Wisconsin.

Aaaaaaaand it's kind of tough to recruit 5 star athletes to Stanford. Must be a pretty solid developer of talent.........

My buddy works at LNK.

NOV 30th - BO FIRED

Now that the Michigan job is open once again, I would bet they aren't there to see Jim Harbaugh (fine by me).

My money is on David Shaw being the next HC at Nebraska. His offense is EXACTLY what we need in the B1G West to compete with Minnesota & Wisconsin.

Aaaaaaaand it's kind of tough to recruit 5 star athletes to Stanford. Must be a pretty solid developer of talent.........

read this.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_22525726/stanfords-recruiting-class-holds-cardinal-blueprint/link

My buddy works at LNK.

NOV 30th - BO FIRED

read this.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_22525726/stanfords-recruiting-class-holds-cardinal-blueprint/link

Great find on the article. Shaw will play for BIG championships and beyond. He would be a great hire. OL would be a huge focus as Stanford can just pound you. Sort of like Wisconsin. SE has to be thinking about that as Wisconsin really has no competition in our division in that area. Get better and weaken our enemy at the same time. Shaw's Stanford team beat the Barry Alvarez coached Wisconsin team in the 2013 Rose Bowl. He's played in big games and vs. a lot of ranked teams. I also think he fits SE's mold...high character, high integrity, comes with no baggage.

• Fire 1

My buddy works at LNK.

NOV 30th - BO FIRED

read this.

Great find on the article. Shaw will play for BIG championships and beyond. He would be a great hire. OL would be a huge focus as Stanford can just pound you. Sort of like Wisconsin. SE has to be thinking about that as Wisconsin really has no competition in our division in that area. Get better and weaken our enemy at the same time. Shaw's Stanford team beat the Barry Alvarez coached Wisconsin team in the 2013 Rose Bowl. He's played in big games and vs. a lot of ranked teams. I also think he fits SE's mold...high character, high integrity, comes with no baggage.

I still don't think he's coming here, though, as much as I'd love the guy to be here. He's coaching his AM right now, and has a wife and three kids.

And (as much as I don't want to go here, but have to).....

Stanford, CA:

The 2010 United States Census reported that Stanford had a population of 13,809. The population density was 4,974.5 people per square mile (1,920.6/km²). The racial makeup of Stanford was 7,932 (57.4%) White, 651 (4.7%) African American, 86 (0.6%) Native American, 3,777 (27.4%) Asian, 28 (0.2%) Pacific Islander, 263 (1.9%) from other races, and 1,072 (7.8%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1,439 persons (10.4%).

This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Stanford has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.

Lincoln, NE:

As of the census of 2010, there were 258,379 people, 103,546 households, and 60,300 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,899.6 inhabitants per square mile (1,119.5/km2). There were 110,546 housing units at an average density of 1,240.6 per square mile (479.0/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 86.0% White, 3.8% African American, 0.8% Native American, 3.8% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 2.5% from other races, and 3.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.3% of the population.

The monthly daily average temperature ranges from 24.6 °F (−4.1 °C) in January to 77.6 °F (25.3 °C) in July. However, the city is subject both to episodes of bitter cold in winter and heat waves during summer, with 11.4 nights of sub-0 °F (−18 °C) lows, 41 days of 90 °F (32 °C)+ highs, and 4.6 days of 100 °F (38 °C)+ highs. The city straddles the boundary of USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 5b and 6a. Temperature extremes have ranged from −33 °F (−36 °C) on January 12, 1974 up to 115 °F (46 °C) on July 25, 1936. Readings as high as 105 °F (41 °C) or as low as −20 °F (−29 °C) occur somewhat rarely; the last occurrence of each was July 22, 2012 and February 3, 1996.

My buddy works at LNK.

NOV 30th - BO FIRED

read this.

I still don't think he's coming here, though, as much as I'd love the guy to be here. He's coaching his AM right now, and has a wife and three kids.

I wondered that myself. So why the trips to San Fran then?

Could they really be beating Michigan to the punch with Harbaugh?

I'd love to see him at NU. When you take stock of the Pac-12 coaches you could argue that he may be the best hire for us if not a lot of programs. Oregon is unique system with Helfrich, Sark at USC, Mora Jr. at UCLA, Rich Rod at AZ, Petersen at UW, Graham at ASU, Whittinghan at UT, Leach at WSU, etc....for our program Shaw is the best fit. He's had to recruit with very high academic standards...I'd have to think their academic standards are one of the highest in Div. 1.

My buddy works at LNK.

NOV 30th - BO FIRED

read this.

I wondered that myself. So why the trips to San Fran then?

Could they really be beating Michigan to the punch with Harbaugh?

Could be. Makes a more logical sense. I'd take either of the guys, HOWEVER - with Harbaugh, you're getting another notorious hot headded character: