You guys need to take a cue from Arizona State fans

so what they beat arizona state?? the OP is right! it's easy for a sh**ty school like oregon state to win a few big games because nobody's worried about you till monday morning the week of... But teams like Nebraska have almost every team they're playing that year preparing for them in the offseason, bye weeks, competing coaches up all night thinking beat Nebraska and most of them have a nothing to lose mentality... basically they circle us on the first day of spring practice, but don't worry with this hire.. that will soon be a distant memory!

Uh. If it's so easy, why don't unranked crappy schools rattle off upset wins all the time? Oregon State did it a bit too consistently to be considered a fluke... Little bit more to that soup than just broth if ya get what I'm sayin'. 8 top 25 wins in the past 8 years? They were known as giant killers for a reason.

Indiana beat Missouri... Should you hire Kevin Wilson? Florida best Georgia, how about Muschamp? There's a reason on any given Saturday a team can win.

Mike Riley had some upsets. That's fine. What the sunshine pumpers fail to discuss is what about losing to FCS Eastern Washington last year? Or FCS Sacramento State the year before? He even struggled against Portland State this year.

The point being that Mike Riley is not an improvement over Bo. At BEST you're going to see the same results. More likely you're going to be 7-5 with a few upsets and a few horrendous losses.

WTF did I just read?

Something so incredibly idiotic that it was almost beyond comprehension.

"Hey, Pearlman, you need to fire your AD and the brand new coach he just hired because a message board doesnt like it and we want you to go hire a coach who didnt have any interest in this role"

Arizona State has performed better because they did that.

I love all these people that can predict the future with this new coach ha ha. Coach Riley, just as any other coach they could have hired has a chance to make this work out great or not, there are no sure things when it comes to a decision like this. At this point in time he looks like the exact thing this program needs. Whether it works out or not NOBODY knows, but I very much look forward to finding out.

while I agree with the OP, I think we need to give Riley a chance and support the Huskers. The hire is not what I would have seen coming (like that means anything!), as I would have gladly welcomed the risks associated with Frost as HC (with veteran coordinators). This hire is all on SE...if it doesnt work out, we will be in the same boat in a few years..time will tell

while I agree with the OP, I think we need to give Riley a chance and support the Huskers. The hire is not what I would have seen coming (like that means anything!), as I would have gladly welcomed the risks associated with Frost as HC (with veteran coordinators). This hire is all on SE...if it doesnt work out, we will be in the same boat in a few years..time will tell

I don't understand I guess. It's like voluntarily asking for crippling sanctions.

I can think of about 287 things a Penn St fan should worry about before worrying about a Nebraska hire.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I should go to the Penn State site and start stirring up things. Plenty of stuff that could be brought up there.

I'm sorry I'm tired of programs in this conference accepting bullsh#t mediocrity. Coaches are the number one reason why we are behind other conferences, yet certain teams like to either hang on to conservative coaches hanging on to play books from the 80s or hire crap coaches that no other major P5 team would have even considered. I want to play against the best so we can be the best.

I don't know wtf happened to Nebraska fans to make them accept this crap, but these are not the Nebraska fans I know. The Nebraska fans I know would be demanding excellence. Not rolling over and going "Oh well"