You guys need to take a cue from Arizona State fans

So I really like you guys. I lived in Omaha for fourteen months for a job at Offutt, and I really loved talking football with Husker fans and the area as a whole.

That said, this is one of the worst hires I have ever seen.

The B1G needs to get better. Hiring Mike Riley who has been losing to FCS teams after multiple years at Oregon State is not the answer. People say that Oregon State has lived in Oregon's shadow, but they aren't paying attention to all of history. Before Chip Kelly got there and before Mike Belotti changed schemes, Oregon was middling and Oregon State was on top of the football world in the state including being Co-champions of the Pac 10 with USC. At that moment Mike Riley had a chance to secure the future of Oregon State Football, and he failed. Miserably.

Mike Riley's MO is basically lose to some crap teams in nonconference at the beginning of the year, then have a few upsets during the season of top teams. You've basically traded a coach that went 9-4 winning no big games to going 7-5 and winning one or two.

That said, take a cue from Arizona State fans when they tried to hire June Jones (who arguably looked like a better hire then than Mike Riley does now). They started cancelling season tickets, demanding the hire be annulled, and threatening the AD's job. You need to do the same. Start calling now, start demanding that he be fired, and get yourselves a better coach. Arizona State did and look where they are now... and look what happened to June Jones.

The B1G needs you guys to be great. I want a great Nebraska team. I don't want a Nebraska that thinks making crap hires that you would expect Kansas to make.

Please please fix this.

• Fire 8

I was thinking the other day how the Michigan and Nebraska openings and how they are filled could have a huge impact as far as improving the Big 10's perception by injecting life into their respective programs thereby positively affecting the conference image as a whole at the same time. So much for that thought Nebraska.

Again I ask do you seem teams like Bama, FSU or any top 10 team making a hire like this?