Mike Riley. For Him or GTFU

I'm so sick, it's not even 4 hours into his hiring and people throwing hissy fits all over.

I would like to see a running tally of how many of you snap judging baffoons are against this hire, so when he wins a conference championship you can't switch your idiotic stance. Results don't always tell the story fellas. Hello!!! Look at Pelini

+1

He loses the "I told you so" crowd starts chirping. He wins...crickets. If little johnny behind the screen doesn't get who he wants, he wants to take his ball and go home. Give the guy a chance for crying out loud. Oh I get it, You wanted Tressel as head coach, Saban as D coordinator and Bud Foster as special teams coach...oh ok....

Everyone reacts without doing the research.

1. Oregon St. is the pit of college football. What he did with very little talent is amazing.

2. Oh yes, He develops NFL players.

3. Defense has been the main issue at Oregon St. Now he has the funding to get a good DC.

4, He has adjusted his offense every year based on talent. He will have much more talent at NE.

5. He won 2 grey cups. Not NFL players, but better talent than Oregon St.

6. He is very well respected in the coaching community.

He is not a terrible coach and deserves a chance to prove himself.

• Fire 1

This is exactly why I was totally against firing Pelini in the first place. I knew that we wouldn't get Tressel or anyone even half-way decent after running another 9-3 coach out of town. To say that I have a very bad feeling about this hire would be a massive understatement. Just take a look at Riley's record. He went 3-9 in 2011 after having "built" the Oregon State program for 11 years at that point. That speaks volumes. I think we'll go 4-8 next year and have our worst season since before Devaney. Riley will be so bad that he'll make the Callahan years look good by comparison. If you don't enjoy losing, then you better find a new fall hobby.