Mike Riley. For Him or GTFU

Rivals.com national recruiting director Mike Farrell tweeted that the hiring is a "home run."

There is a major disconnect between Husker fans perception and what the perception of his peers and the media types are.

We've got to bridge that gap, we as a fan base are losing our damn minds and missing the big picture here.

• Fire 2

Seriously folks he coached Oregon State through their golden years. A nothing program that didn't have a winning season from 1971 to 1998. He had THREE 9 wins seasons which was matched or bettered only THREE TIMES in the history of the program. Then throw in a ten win season on top of that. What he did with what he had and where he was?

It was a good hire.

This is pretty hilarious.

Nebraska hires essentially the polar opposite of Bo Pelini personality wise, and all the people who thought Bo deserved an 8th year for more time won't even give Riley a year.

Says it all I'd say.

This is a great hire with the potential to be outstanding.

Seriously? The only positions are "Riley=<insert best coach eva>" or "you're hugging Bo's jock"?!?

I know plenty of folks who hated Bo from day 1 and are just as unhappy (right now) with the hire.

I know this, the common theme here was to turn over every stone to find the article about Bo to say "see? He's good! Read this find!"

Find me one quote today disparaging Riley's character.

The PAC 12 media can't believe we made the hire because USC offered him TWICE and he turned them down.

And people here want to crucify him before his first presser? Christ I didn't turn on Bo until late 2012.

Challenge accepted.

http://www.pacifictakes.com/pac-12-football/2014/11/6/7168703/mike-riley-and-oregon-state-no-longer-a-love-story

Now change or nit pick over the definition of character. As to it being today, sure people will say nice things TODAY because they no longer have it. Like if you are cured from the clap well it could of been worse! It wasnt that bad!

Here is a question fire a guy who wins 9 games what do you get?

A: Just read an article saying that Razor backs HC turned us down... No Bielema for us... (6-6) wait we would never hire someone that crappy!

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/04/bret-bielema-nebraska-coach-arkansas-huskers-mike-riley

Remember when people laughed when I pointed out we couldnt hire Ferentz after Solich? Only thing is Ferentz would be a better pick then Riley, he has won a conf...

OREGON STATE UNDER MIKE RILEY
YEAR RECORD 1997 3-8 (0-8) 1998 5-6 (2-6) 2003 8-5 (4-4) 2004 7-5 (5-3) 2005 5-6 (3-5) 2006 10-4 (6-3) 2007 9-4 (6-3) 2008 9-4 (7-2) 2009 8-5 (6-3) 2010 5-7 (4-5) 2011 3-9 (3-6) 2012 9-4 (6-3) 2013 7-6 (4-5) 2014

5-7 (2-7)

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/04/nebraska-cornhuskers-mike-riley-hired

That article seems to question if an upgrade. "But he also never won a conference title at Oregon State."

Seriously folks he coached Oregon State through their golden years. A nothing program that didn't have a winning season from 1971 to 1998. He had THREE 9 wins seasons which was matched or bettered only THREE TIMES in the history of the program. Then throw in a ten win season on top of that. What he did with what he had and where he was?

It was a good hire.

1971 to 1998 is a different beast than 1999 till today. NCAA rules changes allowed for parody and likely bought him a few of those wins. I am not impressed at all. God i hope im wrong.

Seriously folks he coached Oregon State through their golden years...He had THREE 9 wins seasons

THREE?!?...If he can add four more 9 win seasons to that total, it would be enough to get him fired here

"Yeah but, Oregon State!" you say? Maybe there is a reason he was at Oregon State and not picked up by Alabama, Texas, or USC.

Seriously folks he coached Oregon State through their golden years...He had THREE 9 wins seasons [/size]

THREE?!?...If he can add four more 9 win seasons to that total, it would be enough to get him fired here

"Yeah but, Oregon State!" you say? Maybe there is a reason he was at Oregon State and not picked up by Alabama, Texas, or USC.

So.....USC tried to hire him. He said no.

Bama did too once.

• Fire 1

Seriously folks he coached Oregon State through their golden years...He had THREE 9 wins seasons [/size]

So.....USC tried to hire him. He said no.

Bama did too once.

See above. Bowfin: try some research before spouting off.

• Fire 1