Mike Riley. For Him or GTFU

Unless he manages to do something magical that he hasn't done in 14 seasons, I won't hold my breath. We'll give him time to implement 'his' offense with 'his' recruits, but after 3 or 4 recruiting classes that rank in the 30's and no championship, he'll be fired.

This sounds like a very plausible scenario. He might be a nice guy and a decent coach, but I fear he does not have the cachet, splash, or salesmanship needed to bring the estranged players back into the fold and to draw the recruits back in. He is the saltine cracker of coaching hires.

Well the guy is known to coach up players so I would expect the next couple seasons to be pretty good but I'm leary of his recruiting. So if they win the conference next season, it really won't tell me anything about his recruiting and his ability to sustain the program. I think it's a crumy hire. It may work out short term but we'll see. I'm not excited at all. Glad Bo's gone and that's about it.

Well the guy is known to coach up players so I would expect the next couple seasons to be pretty good but I'm leary of his recruiting. So if they win the conference next season, it really won't tell me anything about his recruiting and his ability to sustain the program. I think it's a crumy hire. It may work out short term but we'll see. I'm not excited at all. Glad Bo's gone and that's about it.

If he brings his DC and we still win the conference I will eat my own shoe

I'm so sick, it's not even 4 hours into his hiring and people throwing hissy fits all over.

I would like to see a running tally of how many of you snap judging baffoons are against this hire, so when he wins a conference championship you can't switch your idiotic stance. Results don't always tell the story fellas. Hello!!! Look at Pelini

Uggggghhhhhhh, Bo's results = getting blown out in any game that matters and never winning a championship.

Results always tell the story. You either perform or you dont. I don't care about excuses, improvise, adapt, and overcome. This hire is so underwhelming its laughable. We are Nebraska and we hire a guy who has about a .500 record with no history of winning anything of substance and losses to D1AA competition? C'mon man! Wake up.

I was referencing the record of wins vs losses. Final record doesn't tell any story. If you think it does then why did we fire Pelini?

I guess i was one that was never blinded by the W/L's that Pelini had. His 10 win seasons were nothing more than smokescreen for internal failures. Mike Riley doesnt even have the wins to try and put up a smokescreen and he certainly doesnt have any championships. Again, results do tell the story. Mike doesnt have any results to stand on, nor did Bo. This is a bad hire.

Unless he manages to do something magical that he hasn't done in 14 seasons, I won't hold my breath. We'll give him time to implement 'his' offense with 'his' recruits, but after 3 or 4 recruiting classes that rank in the 30's and no championship, he'll be fired.

This sounds like a very plausible scenario. He might be a nice guy and a decent coach, but I fear he does not have the cachet, splash, or salesmanship needed to bring the estranged players back into the fold and to draw the recruits back in. He is the saltine cracker of coaching hires.

Exactly. If we open the season with a loss to BYU, the fanbase will be pretty rough on him.

I'm so sick, it's not even 4 hours into his hiring and people throwing hissy fits all over.

I would like to see a running tally of how many of you snap judging baffoons are against this hire, so when he wins a conference championship you can't switch your idiotic stance. Results don't always tell the story fellas. Hello!!! Look at Pelini

Uggggghhhhhhh, Bo's results = getting blown out in any game that matters and never winning a championship.

Results always tell the story. You either perform or you dont. I don't care about excuses, improvise, adapt, and overcome. This hire is so underwhelming its laughable. We are Nebraska and we hire a guy who has about a .500 record with no history of winning anything of substance and losses to D1AA competition? C'mon man! Wake up.

I was referencing the record of wins vs losses. Final record doesn't tell any story. If you think it does then why did we fire Pelini?

I guess i was one that was never blinded by the W/L's that Pelini had. His 10 win seasons were nothing more than smokescreen for internal failures. Mike Riley doesnt even have the wins to try and put up a smokescreen and he certainly doesnt have any championships. Again, results do tell the story. Mike doesnt have any results to stand on, nor did Bo. This is a bad hire.

Disagree with your last statement

Initially shocked and upset about this hire but reading more into Mike Riley and watching his segment off college gameday from a few years ago, Mike Riley is exactly what we needed and every Nebraska fan should embrace him because we are the greatest fans in college football and we need to continue to back that up! GO BIG RED!

Are people just complaining about Riley, so that if he does fail, they can say "I told you so".

What would be the point in that? A lot of people are "complaining" because we hired a coach that hasn't accomplished anything except to make a horrendous football program average. What could possibly go wrong.