Mike Riley. For Him or GTFU

This is pretty hilarious.

Nebraska hires essentially the polar opposite of Bo Pelini personality wise, and all the people who thought Bo deserved an 8th year for more time won't even give Riley a year.

Says it all I'd say.

This is a great hire with the potential to be outstanding.

Seriously? The only positions are "Riley=<insert best coach eva>" or "you're hugging Bo's jock"?!?

I know plenty of folks who hated Bo from day 1 and are just as unhappy (right now) with the hire.

I know this, the common theme here was to turn over every stone to find the article about Bo to say "see? He's good! Read this find!"

Find me one quote today disparaging Riley's character.

The PAC 12 media can't believe we made the hire because USC offered him TWICE and he turned them down.

And people here want to crucify him before his first presser? Christ I didn't turn on Bo until late 2012.

I'm so sick, it's not even 4 hours into his hiring and people throwing hissy fits all over.

I would like to see a running tally of how many of you snap judging baffoons are against this hire, so when he wins a conference championship you can't switch your idiotic stance. Results don't always tell the story fellas. Hello!!! Look at Pelini

+100000

Haven't given him a chance. Nothing. We should keep of list of naysayers, doubting Thomas', all of em.

Snap judgements. You hit the nail on the head!! It's sickening to read armchair qb' call this a bad hire. Best fans in football? Eh.

This is pretty hilarious.

Nebraska hires essentially the polar opposite of Bo Pelini personality wise, and all the people who thought Bo deserved an 8th year for more time won't even give Riley a year.

Says it all I'd say.

This is a great hire with the potential to be outstanding.

Seriously? The only positions are "Riley=<insert best coach eva>" or "you're hugging Bo's jock"?!?

I know plenty of folks who hated Bo from day 1 and are just as unhappy (right now) with the hire.

I know this, the common theme here was to turn over every stone to find the article about Bo to say "see? He's good! Read this find!"

Find me one quote today disparaging Riley's character.

The PAC 12 media can't believe we made the hire because USC offered him TWICE and he turned them down.

And people here want to crucify him before his first presser? Christ I didn't turn on Bo until late 2012.

Maybe I am reading the posts wrong or missing something. There were two issues at stake, imo: "quality of the hire" vs "quality of the coach". Time will tell on both but Riley is not a "no-brainer" for either one (perception wise).

Not gonna go down the character path as it doesn't lead anywhere on HB. I have spoken directly with 3 former OSU players this morning that I have known for years. All respect the guy & expressed shock NU picked him. Just adds to the "underwhelment" is all...

I expected someone that would fuel very little debate in either category. My #1 concern was that we would get someone that was NOT universally perceived as low risk/high reward. I support NU but can still think this was not the hire we needed...

I was Bo neutral until last year. Its simplistic to say that only the Bo disciples are pissed off about this hire. Im not going to sit here and attack Riley personally. I hate the hire, im dejected and disappointed. But it has nothing to do with me liking Bo. As I said on a different thread, at least we will have a coach who doesnt treat the fan base with utter contempt anymore. If nothing else thats an improvement. At least 9-3 will feel a little better under Riley.

In short, Im happier than I would be if we had retained the a-hole another year, but alot more sad then I was this morning when I thought we were going to make the CFB world take notice again.

I strongly believe Florida is getting a far better coach than Nebraska. This nonsensical belief we either love this hire or are no longer great fans is hogwash. Nobody can say NU has had a great track record of selecting coaches post TO, so I find it interesting some feel to be skeptical or even very disappointed is a sin.

This. So we just blindly support whats clearly an underwhelming hire or leave the fanbase entirely? Only two choices I guess. All this "lets hold everyone who says this is a bad hire to account!" crap is nonsense. I freaking HOPE I'm wrong about the hire. Oh my god, dont let me be wrong about something on the internet!!!! The notion that any of us who are unhappy about this hire actually want Riley to fail is utterly preposterous. ive never wanted to be wrong more in my life

He may turn out to be a great coach. We all hope so.

But at this point I don't believe he was a good hire. We already looked iffy in the national media for firing a nine win coach, then we go out and hire a guy who is barely over .500. Makes us look foolish.

And yet everyone, except some Husker fans, are praising this hire. :dunno

• Fire 2

He may turn out to be a great coach. We all hope so.

But at this point I don't believe he was a good hire. We already looked iffy in the national media for firing a nine win coach, then we go out and hire a guy who is barely over .500. Makes us look foolish.

And yet everyone, except some Husker fans, are praising this hire. :dunno

And I hope they're right and it turns out to be great. But it's certainly not the "splash" hire we were looking for.

Someone said OSU wanted to get rid of him?