Riley's letter of introduction to past players

knapplc

Very warm and genuine of the new coach. Pretty cool.

I thought I also read that at OSU the practices were open to fans. I can envision the fan excitement around spring and fall practices. Forget media notes, we'll need HB reps at each one! :)

GTFO with that ;-)

Seriously - even if just 1 practice a month was open to fans I would be all over this. Where did you read this, I haven't come across it yet?

Very warm and genuine of the new coach. Pretty cool.

I thought I also read that at OSU the practices were open to fans. I can envision the fan excitement around spring and fall practices. Forget media notes, we'll need HB reps at each one! :)

GTFO with that ;-)

Seriously - even if just 1 practice a month was open to fans I would be all over this. Where did you read this, I haven't come across it yet?

heard it on Ketv news/sports tonight.Open to Media and fans at OSU practice.

This guy is fast winning the hearts and minds of Husker Nation.

The last guy to use the "winning the hearts and minds" phrase was instrumental in losing the Vietnam War.

So let's not be that guy, and concentrate on winning games, and the "hearts and minds" should follow...or not wander off.

I thought I also read that at OSU the practices were open to fans.

Does anybody know either of them so we could check to see if it is true?

he better be careful with that open practice policy or he could have 10 to 20 thousand people show up.

just out of curosity....how awesome would it be to watch a 2 hour or so practice. i know i would probably drive the 500 miles one way

just to say that i was at the practice where adam taylor cemented the starting job.

Oh God! Did he F'n email it?!

Do you expect him to mail it to every player that has played in the past? Come on man, get real.

No, personally visit each one in person

There are other ways.

OMG WAT A NERD.

Jk Nu.

Impressive knap. Dont know how you get this so fast but thanks.

I'm actually looking forward to his first media speak after a practice or game. Wonder if we will miss the word "execute"?

It's rather obvious Knapp is a former player. He was Mike Nobler before Mike Nobler was Mike Nobler.

Seriously though, the more this sinks in the more I think we made the perfect hire.

Apparently Gil Brandt of NFL.com reported Bielema turned down the job before Riley got it. I wonder if there's any truth to that...? Never wanted Bielema anyway... too slimy.