New HC Hiring AAR

Congrats to Coach Riley, I wish him the best of luck...

Now, I don't see how this is a move that is going to put this program over the top. No conference titles, a .537 winning percentage and 6-2 in mediocre bowls? I would like to know what SE saw in Coach Riley that convinced him that he's the coach that can get this team to the "promised land". I'm sure Coach Riley is a good guy, but unless he goes out and gets an amazing DC and OC, was this whole more really an improvement?

What happens in 3 or 4 years if Riley doesn't do any better than Bo? Are we going to get rid of him too? What happens if this team gets 7 or 8 wins in the next two years? Will the bunkers will be dug and the tinfoil hats will be donned for the impending death knell of our beloved program?

If this was SE's choice from the beginning, I have to wonder to myself, "really"??

• Fire 1

at the least he heals the player/fan rift.......one step at a time, weedhopper! cleaning up after Bo will be no small task.

Don't go there. Bo didn't make a mess of this program. If you didn't like Bo's personality that's your prerogative, but Bo ran a clean program. The only problem was the disconnect fans felt they had with the team and that isn't a steep hill to overcome. This isn't the Callahan mess. Not even close. Riley's walking into a good thing, an early Christmas present if you will.

• Fire 1

I can't wait until people realize this 9 win deal was a smokescreen.

So,what happens if he pulls off a 5~7 season?

Then the "Bolievers" are going to go absolutely apesh*t, and the "I told you so" threads will crash the board again...

I can't wait until people realize this 9 win deal was a smokescreen.

Especially when he does it next year with ease.

What makes you so sure?