Expectations over the next 5 years

The players themselves said that they finally decided to buy in, you didn't have to go to a message board for that.

No, they didn't. That lie has been debunked numerous times on this board.

Personally, the number of Pelini blowouts sting for me a lot more than a loss to Purdue by ten.

That Purdue loss was a blowout, 42 to 16 in the 33rd.

Does 5 and 7 sting you? It does me.

no it doesn't, this was a throw away year.
Billy C. Agrees with you.

Throw away year, throw away staff. Seems fitting.

We'd better get used to it, since we're saddled with this staff for another year or two.

The players themselves said that they finally decided to buy in, you didn't have to go to a message board for that.

Personally, the number of Pelini blowouts sting for me a lot more than a loss to Purdue by ten.

That is a losers point of view...IF that is true...Loser Riley should have come right out and and said that

K

We'd better get used to it, since we're saddled with this staff for another year or two.

Maybe 7 or more with any luck.

That is a losers point of view...IF that is true...Loser Riley should have come right out and and said that

Yeah, didn't he say that this was a championship team that plays at a championship level?

Not that Riley would know anything about that......

Maybe 7 or more with any luck.

Not a chance.

But keep trolling.

This is an embarrassing mindset. Riley and Eichorst said they were here to win, and that we had the players to win championships.

This is an embarrassing mindset. Riley and Eichorst said they were here to win, and that we had the players to win championships.

No, the embarrassing mindset is calling for a coach to be fired after 3 games, it was said by many here and has continued. That is an embarrassment to husker fans everywhere. Former players and coaches under Osborne scoff at it.

• Fire 1

Just take a look at how pretty much all the same coaches drove Oregon state into the ground if you want a little preview of what is coming down the pike...

Welcome to the board, Zebra. Yeah, a fan can definitely look at Riley's track record at Oregon State to prophesy the outcome at Nebraska. It's unfair but we live in a world of "What have you done lately?" I'm hoping Riley somehow figures things and that he flourishes in the resources and talent available to him at this football program.

I've yet to hear a verified report of the players being disinterested or not caring. Only a few message board rumors, which aren't exactly reliable.

We had one good win, the worst loss in nearly 60 years, and a plain bad season. Our recruiting is on par with the past half decade or so. Like I said, we have hope, but that's all it is right now.

Like I said.

“I never sensed that they weren’t trying,” Riley said. “The kids had a strength of character. It was a strength within the group that kept us afloat. It has to be collective if it’s going to work. I will say I appreciate people like Maliek Collins, who’s been around awhile and had success, and Maliek never wavered in how he practiced or how he played. When your good players are like that, others follow. There are obvious names — like Jordan Westerkamp, Alonzo Moore and Tommy — if there’s a sense that people like that are wavering, then you could have a flood.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mckewon-husker-football-coach-riley-carries-on-trying-to-translate/article_5b45146e-52db-5381-983d-14f4442df631.html

First time starter QB, during first year of new head coach/system, with unprecedented injuries, oh and Nebraska still a 'prestige win' for a struggling program... it's not that shocking that Purdue pulled it off this year.

They didn't "pull it off."

The worst coaching staff in FBS took NU behind the woodshed, mainly because, apparently, the OC didn't want to grind out an "ugly win" and the HC wouldn't reign him in.