Expectations over the next 5 years

RADAR: the worst loss that NU has had in 100 years was Purdue.

Not hardly!

So...what was?

28-7 loss to TCU in 1951

NIce! Was that to a team that finished with less than 4 wins? I am assuming it was.

Yes, we started the season ranked 12 and finished with 2 wins... worst loss in 100 years, Purdue not even close.

Not hardly!

So...what was?

28-7 loss to TCU in 1951

NIce! Was that to a team that finished with less than 4 wins? I am assuming it was.

Yes, we started the season ranked 12 and finished with 2 wins... worst loss in 100 years, Purdue not even close.

No no no...that TCU team won 6 games!!!

Not hardly!

So...what was?

28-7 loss to TCU in 1951

It's the worst loss since 1955 Hawaii.

At the conclusion of the previous season, Nebraska traveled to Hawaii and dealt the Rainbows a severe 50-0 defeat. While Nebraska went on to play in the postseason at the 1955 Orange Bowl, Hawaii's season ended on the sour note, leaving the Rainbow squad to stew over the summer. The return visit in the home-and-home series was arranged as the first contest of the year for both teams, and so it was that Hawaii's arrival in Lincoln to open the 1955 slate was their second straight contest with the Cornhuskers. Whether Nebraska overlooked the Rainbows or the Hawaii team was bent on payback, the end result was a lackluster Nebraska showing as Hawaii fought off all Cornhusker scoring attempts for the day. Nebraska never got closer than the Rainbow 13-yard line, yet Hawaii snuck through the Nebraska defenses to secure a single touchdown. Nebraska thus suffered a demoralizing shutout loss to start the season, the first opening blank since 1947.[4][5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1955_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_football_team

no bowl game bonus for riley or coaches! I'm still going to give MR 3 total years before i develop an opinion. after that i maybe be hard; it will depend, which way we're trending. I called for osborne's head from the day he got the job until he went for 2 in the miami game in 83. then i tolerated him till 94 when he finally broke thru! many many bonehead calls and bad management issues in those 20yrs. he couldn't win with anything but elite talent. woulda lost again, as he ran frazier too much, and got him hurt. just happened to have a great backup QB.

you seem like I really good evaluator of coaching ability based on your statement. I highly regard your opinions from here on out.

Sincerely,

Steve Pedersen

Maybe my sarcasm meter is off, but I hope that chainsaws post is drenched with sarcasm.

The players themselves said that they finally decided to buy in, you didn't have to go to a message board for that. It is clear from the recruiting boards and services that the talent level that we are in on is better than the past several years. Bo never had to turn talent away, he was giving out scollies to walkons like candy because he could not fill them. That is a clear indication that this team will be better next year and beyond under Riley and staff.

BTW, a supernatural play by Ameer against McNeese St. kept us from the worst loss in the 100 +years history of the program, and 8 of the top 10 worst losses in the history of the program by points came under the previous staff, I haven't seen that we will have any more of that anytime soon. That's pure progress.

Gerry's comment (where you're basing your opinion) contradicts every single thing the players and coaches have said for the last year.

And Ameer's play was great, but it was a tie game. Also, we won, which is slightly different than getting blown out by Purdue.

I think you don't know the difference between an opinion and a fact.

If you consider a 10 point loss to Purdue a blowout, what do you consider the beatdowns we took at the hands of Pelini?
Did you watch the game? NU was down by 39 points at one point or something crazy like that. To a team that averages 1 fbs win per year over the last three or four.

I think it was around 19 but what is 20 points when you are trying to make something into a lie that it is not.

Irony.

Not hardly!

So...what was?

28-7 loss to TCU in 1951

It's the worst loss since 1955 Hawaii.

At the conclusion of the previous season, Nebraska traveled to Hawaii and dealt the Rainbows a severe 50-0 defeat. While Nebraska went on to play in the postseason at the 1955 Orange Bowl, Hawaii's season ended on the sour note, leaving the Rainbow squad to stew over the summer. The return visit in the home-and-home series was arranged as the first contest of the year for both teams, and so it was that Hawaii's arrival in Lincoln to open the 1955 slate was their second straight contest with the Cornhuskers. Whether Nebraska overlooked the Rainbows or the Hawaii team was bent on payback, the end result was a lackluster Nebraska showing as Hawaii fought off all Cornhusker scoring attempts for the day. Nebraska never got closer than the Rainbow 13-yard line, yet Hawaii snuck through the Nebraska defenses to secure a single touchdown. Nebraska thus suffered a demoralizing shutout loss to start the season, the first opening blank since 1947.[4][5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1955_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_football_team

Yeah that still stands as one of Hawaii's biggest upsets to this day. I wasn't alive then and I'm glad, lol. The Purdue loss stands as arguably one of the worst given the fact that they've only beaten two FBS opponents under 3 years with Darrell Hazell. Their only other win this year was against FCS Indiana State. 2001's 62-36 setback stands as the worst loss for me. There have been some bad losses but that one still stings to this day.

The players themselves said that they finally decided to buy in, you didn't have to go to a message board for that.

No, they didn't. That lie has been debunked numerous times on this board.

Personally, the number of Pelini blowouts sting for me a lot more than a loss to Purdue by ten.

That Purdue loss was a blowout, 42 to 16 in the 33rd.

Does 5 and 7 sting you? It does me.

It has been proven over and over again that if you do not finish in the top 15 in recruiting, you will not win a championship. Its all about talent. Riley is in the process of upgrading the talent on the field as we speak.

Yeah, that #30ish rated class is a huge upgrade.

It only matters what it is ranked in February, you should know that.

The players themselves said that they finally decided to buy in, you didn't have to go to a message board for that.

Personally, the number of Pelini blowouts sting for me a lot more than a loss to Purdue by ten.

no it doesn't, this was a throw away year.

no it doesn't, this was a throw away year.

That is a losers point of view...IF that is true...Loser Riley should have come right out and and said that