Expectations over the next 5 years

Most of the posters on here remind me of Rush Limbaugh. While he supports strong conservative issues, he actually does better financially when a liberal is in the white house. What will you guys have to talk about when this program gets turned around? You'd be tongue tied! I'm not saying MR will get us to a Natty. That would be a longshot with any coach. The first step is to improve recruiting. We are in on some really solid kids for 16 and several already for 17. In about 7 weeks we'll know if that happens. Till then I'm going to hope for a good bowl game, recruiting and player development.

• Fire 1

Win 70%+ of games and graduate good student athletes. Hopefully that includes some 10 to 12 win regular seasons.

Run a clean program.

Doing that didnt work well for the last guy. Thankfully Bo's focus on making good students is helping this coach get to a bowl game on 5 wins. Maybe MR should split his $150,000 bonus with Bo since that's the reason we qualify.

They can say what ever they want about why BP was fired, he was fired because of the way he acted on the sideline, towards his bosses, towards the fan base and media. I was fine with his coaching and was very happy with the academic standards he set as a HC, but that type of personality is exhausting. If you have neve worked with or for someone like that you will never know. I have had a boss like that, it was like walking on egg shells all the time. One minute he was great and the next he would blow up about some stupid insignificant thing.

If BP would have won 70+% of his games and had that type of academic record and a better additude about things, he would still be at Nebraska. He doesn't have to be the nicest guy in the world, he just needs to not be a big dick.

We had a nice winner with Frank and ran him out of town, too.

Nebraska fans need to fix themselves.

Nebraska fans, even the ones on the internet, aren't the problem (and I know you know that). Incompetent, egotistic leadership is the problem NU suffers from during this dark period in NU football. Prickman made the two bad AD hires, both of whom followed their egos and fired 9+ win coaches. I agree that far too many NU fans posess a 'win at all cost' attitude, and support those dumb decisions. They really don't understand the unique situation of NU football, which causes them to support empty boasting and promises, as history repeats itself. Until Prickman, and his egotistical boy Ickyhorst are gone, this is the type of threads internet NU football forums will be subjected to.

Also, it is sad reading all of the misinformation and rumors put out by SPEM getting repeated all over again, as if they were true. In fact, I'm starting to believe some of his former minions post here just to repeat that crap. Or, maybe Ickyhorst hired them.

Win 70%+ of games and graduate good student athletes. Hopefully that includes some 10 to 12 win regular seasons.

Run a clean program.

Doing that didnt work well for the last guy. Thankfully Bo's focus on making good students is helping this coach get to a bowl game on 5 wins. Maybe MR should split his $150,000 bonus with Bo since that's the reason we qualify.

They can say what ever they want about why BP was fired, he was fired because of the way he acted on the sideline, towards his bosses, towards the fan base and media. I was fine with his coaching and was very happy with the academic standards he set as a HC, but that type of personality is exhausting. If you have neve worked with or for someone like that you will never know. I have had a boss like that, it was like walking on egg shells all the time. One minute he was great and the next he would blow up about some stupid insignificant thing.

If BP would have won 70+% of his games and had that type of academic record and a better additude about things, he would still be at Nebraska. He doesn't have to be the nicest guy in the world, he just needs to not be a big dick.

Nebraska fans, even the ones on the internet, aren't the problem (and I know you know that). Incompetent, egotistic leadership is the problem NU suffers from during this dark period in NU football. Prickman made the two bad AD hires, both of whom followed their egos and fired 9+ win coaches. I agree that far too many NU fans posess a 'win at all cost' attitude, and support those dumb decisions. They really don't understand the unique situation of NU football, which causes them to support empty boasting and promises, as history repeats itself. Until Prickman, and his egotistical boy Ickyhorst are gone, this is the type of threads internet NU football forums will be subjected to.

Also, it is sad reading all of the misinformation and rumors put out by SPEM getting repeated all over again, as if they were true. In fact, I'm starting to believe some of his former minions post here just to repeat that crap. Or, maybe Ickyhorst hired them.

:laughpound

Run a clean program.

There are some truths laced into this post here but, but Bo Pelini's firing was not only about egos. I believe the majority of Husker fans support Pelini's firing, not only for the plateau which seemed to have been reached, but also because of his very poor sideline behavior and behind the scenes attitude.

The graduation rates and relatively low off-the-field problems were commendable and appreciated by many, but you're ultimately judged on how you win and how you carry yourself. Husker fans are not "dumb" for wanting something else - they just disagree with you.

Lastly, we're always going to have threads like this. We had them during Bo's tenure and we probably would've had them in Solich's had this board existed back then. Expectation discussions are about as common here as tornadoes on the Oklahoma plains. They'll continue to happen until a coach finally wins a conference title here again or better.

• Fire 2

Run a clean program.

There are some truths laced into this post here but, but Bo Pelini's firing was not only about egos. I believe the majority of Husker fans support Pelini's firing, not only for the plateau which seemed to have been reached, but also because of his very poor sideline behavior and behind the scenes attitude.

The graduation rates and relatively low off-the-field problems were commendable and appreciated by many, but you're ultimately judged on how you win and how you carry yourself. Husker fans are not "dumb" for wanting something else - they just disagree with you.

Lastly, we're always going to have threads like this. We had them during Bo's tenure and we probably would've had them in Solich's had this board existed back then. Expectation discussions are about as common here as tornadoes on the Oklahoma plains. They'll continue to happen until a coach finally wins a conference title here again or better.

My first foray into Husker message boards was late 2003/2004. This year is like deja vu with the Solich/Callahan change.

Run a clean program.

My first foray into Husker message boards was late 2003/2004. This year is like deja vu with the Solich/Callahan change.

edit for taste

After this year - I'd have to temper this a bit. If TA starts next year - I'll be disappointed, we end up 3rd in the division @ 7-5. Wt the number of penalties we weren't as disciplined as I had hoped.
Assuming POB lives up to the billing:
I'll say 1 div championships, 1 conference championship, 1 playoff. top 10 finish - when POB is a senior. 2 top 25 finishes If the MR experiment survives year 3.

In 2 years hire Scott Frost.

And bring in his "throw it all over the yard, PAC 12 basketball offense"???? This is freaking hilarious........ People here bitch about throwing it to much and you want the Frost offense????? Of course it is Frost, so he will do no wrong. LOL!!!!

And bring in his "throw it all over the yard, PAC 12 basketball offense"???? This is freaking hilarious........ People here bitch about throwing it to much and you want the Frost offense????? Of course it is Frost, so he will do no wrong. LOL!!!!

I'm assuming that since Frost is actually familiar with our program, he would formulate an offense to be successful here. I'd bet that he would call plays to the strengths of his players, something that the current staff lied about doing.

I'm assuming that since Frost is actually familiar with our program, he would formulate an offense to be successful here. I'd bet that he would call plays to the strengths of his players, something that the current staff lied about doing.

You assume a lot, most of it wrong. Coaches run what they know! Frost is going to run his Oregon offense in Florida and should he come here in the distant future, he is not going to run an offense he has NEVER coached. He would bring an offense you claim to despise (Chuckle) Dream on Dream Weaver......