Thinking about Frost

I would love Frost here, but unsure if his "vision" would mesh with Reilly. If Scott is seriously a candidate, I am sure they would sit down and see if their vison has any commonality......

I am hoping whoever we get as OC, has the ability to seemlessly implement the new system with the talent we have and slowly get their guys in so we don't have a 2 year rebuilding bs....

I've watched a few of Oregon's games this year and last year. Two major offensive trends I've noticed are that their o-line is getting bigger, but keeping the athleticism that made them so dangerous under Chip Kelley. I've also noticed that, especially this year, their RB is larger, they're using a TE in a Wing Back position to act as a FB on power runs between the tackles, and they're using some clever WR motion to run some triple option. Frost has definitely made his mark on Oregon's offense and it seems to be working pretty damn well.

I've watched a few of Oregon's games this year and last year. Two major offensive trends I've noticed are that their o-line is getting bigger, but keeping the athleticism that made them so dangerous under Chip Kelley. I've also noticed that, especially this year, their RB is larger, they're using a TE in a Wing Back position to act as a FB on power runs between the tackles, and they're using some clever WR motion to run some triple option. Frost has definitely made his mark on Oregon's offense and it seems to be working pretty damn well.

The hiring of Scott would be an instant win as OC. Providing the visions would match....

• Fire 1

agreed...they have gotten a good bit bigger upfront. On both sides of the ball. The young rb they have is a handful..looks like a grown man out there

Since my sis went to UO, I follow the Ducks.

Frost said his goal early on was to make the Ducks more physical...keep the speed but be like old Nebraska physical.

Oregon was never going to beat an SEC team for the title playing small and fast.

Thinking about Frost...... bringing him in as OC would make this hire make sense. Not necessarily that he should run the same offense as Oregon in the frozen tundra league, just that I believe many of us would be more willing to look at the long term building process.

Frost going to OSU would be about the same as Frost going to Kansas IMO.

Thinking about Frost...... bringing him in as OC would make this hire make sense. Not necessarily that he should run the same offense as Oregon in the frozen tundra league, just that I believe many of us would be more willing to look at the long term building process.

Frost going to OSU would be about the same as Frost going to Kansas IMO.

He would likely run more of what Osborne ran if Frost were or OC

Frost said his dream would be to bring Oregon's offense to Nebraska but with bigger bodies.

Chip Kelly invented a system and philosophy that just works (and is still working in the Pros) - Frost was lucky to mentor under that...and now he has the blueprint to carry it wherever he goes. It's not just the offense or gameplanning...it's the entire method of approaching football and practice, etc.

Helfrich is just carrying on...how often do you see that, where new head coaches come in and don't change anything...but stick with the old blueprint...well, you used to see it at Nebraska.