Did you watch Ohio state last night

Did anybody notice how physical OSU was last night , very strong very physical. Alot like we used to be. I have serious questions about the new staffs' dedication to S+C .What film i have watched on rileys osu showed them getting pushed around alot on both sides of the ball. It seems to me that if we want to get over the hump, with the quality of players we can get here, that what we might lack in athleticism we need to make up in brute strength, conditioning and proper technique. I will be interested in seeing the amount of attention that this crucial component gets from this staff. Lets just say it doesn't look like it is trending ^

The last thing it is is the lifting weights part. Every single team has guys who can bench x amount and squat x amount. I have always felt this physical thing is mental and emotional.

I guess when they were tapping out after just one play alot of the time maybe they were just emotionally stressed.

This was a coaching move, entirely intentional, and had nothing to do with being out of shape. It had everything to do with a hockey philosophy, with frequent line changes, where they guys were supposed to give it their all for a play or two, go to the side & rest a second, then go back & do it over again.

Before Ameer got hurt he was on pace to break Rozier's rushing record, so this fantasy about being out of shape has no merit.

Our visibly out of shape OL begs to differ, Knapp.

Our skill position guys seem fit but not very injury resistant. I question how well our S&C staff puts our linemen in a position to succeed.

Did anybody notice how physical OSU was last night , very strong very physical. Alot like we used to be. I have serious questions about the new staffs' dedication to S+C .What film i have watched on rileys osu showed them getting pushed around alot on both sides of the ball. It seems to me that if we want to get over the hump, with the quality of players we can get here, that what we might lack in athleticism we need to make up in brute strength, conditioning and proper technique. I will be interested in seeing the amount of attention that this crucial component gets from this staff. Lets just say it doesn't look like it is trending ^

Why is it that someone watches 1 game where one team dismantles another team that all of a sudden that team is the most physical/dominating team they have ever seen. It was 1 game where tOSU got up and had the momentum the whole game and beat Wisconsin badly. It doesn't mean it is always that way. Was tOSU that physically dominating in there 1 score win over Minny or their OT win over Penn St. or their loss to VaTech?

Why is it that so many of you guys don't get the momentum, don't get match ups, don't get scheme etc. Was tOSU physically dominating in the game against Whisky, yes, but the next time they play doesn't mean it goes exactly the same way.

• Fire 2

Why is it that someone watches 1 game where one team dismantles another team that all of a sudden that team is the most physical/dominating team they have ever seen. It was 1 game where tOSU got up and had the momentum the whole game and beat Wisconsin badly. It doesn't mean it is always that way. Was tOSU that physically dominating in there 1 score win over Minny or their OT win over Penn St. or their loss to VaTech?

Why is it that so many of you guys don't get the momentum, don't get match ups, don't get scheme etc. Was tOSU physically dominating in the game against Whisky, yes, but the next time they play doesn't mean it goes exactly the same way.

Good point - on any given night someone can get blown out. NU just a few more of those nights were match ups didn't work in our favor.

Good point - on any given night someone can get blown out. NU just a few more of those nights were match ups didn't work in our favor.

OSU played big in a game that mattered........we haven't done that in years!

you mean like the year we crushed Washington State and turned around and they beat our ass in a bowl game?

But Martinez was not 100%...oh wait, OSU was into the 3rd string and still was capable of running an offense. Crazy how decent coaching and an offensive identity can allow you to do that....

some good recruiting didn't hurt either....coaching?......hell yes, OHS has coaches!

OSU played big in a game that mattered........we haven't done that in years!

No one said that didn't and no one is saying that Nebraska has in recent years. The point was that you can't pass judgment off of one game. OSU looked great and played very physical. They may come out and get dominated by Alabama and not look so physical. Or it could be the other way around.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322520204

Oregon State held Wisconsin to 7 points with James White and Monty Ball, MG III didn't play in that game but that same team that put 7 on OSU put 70 on Nebraska in the B1G CCG.

If Gordon were to come back to get the Heisman it will be an interesting match-up next year , regardless we have to stop that run game with Clement b/c Gordon shouldn't pass on millions of dollars for the Heisman but what do I know

Our defensive talent is better than OSU's lets see what this new staff can do

Also does anyone know do they run a 4-3 or 3-4 and don't tell me they run Rich Rod at Michigan style Defense