JUCO CB Antoine Albert [Cal Commit]

Haspula

Graduating this month. Haven't been able to find eligibility.

Why is Riley recruiting him if he has no eligibility left? You would think they won't waste time.

Eligibility as far as 3-for-3, 3-for-2, etc.

Misunderstood you Mav. I thought you were saying he didn't have eligibility not that you couldn't find it.

Or we aren't very good at the CB position

I don't know that I agree with that.

I'd put guys in groups like this...

Good - Jackson

Serviceable- Davie, Cockrell, Rose

Solid + improving - Kalu, Jones

Could be studs- Anderson, Lee, Mosley

Exactly.,waste of an offer. We have greater needs.

Good - Jackson

If he comes in and starts is it a waste of an offer?

Good - Jackson

If he comes in and starts is it a waste of an offer?
Yes. We have good talent and quite a few bodies there. May have 2~3 high school DBs coming in as Dec enrollees if this staff can hang on to them, along with the return of CJax and Alexander.

If this staff is nearly as good as we've been led to believe, they should easily find and mold one of those guys to get ready to play opposite of Davie.

We have bigger needs in this class.

But the way things have gone the last week or so, he'll probably end you in Lincoln and take a spot from a guy that we actually need.

Except we need a cornerback to step in right away because Cockrell is moving to safety. Gerry is going back to linebacker, speed for days boys. :wasted

IF Gerry is being rumored to be moving back to LB..............it is an extremely poor decision imo........

• Fire 1

Good - Jackson

I don't agree with all this and think a JUCO if he comes in and plays right away is a smart move... Jackson is perceived to be good yes but has never played a meaningful snap on D. Davie Cockrell Rose haven't impressed but have been like you said, servicable. Kalu is a stud in the making but Jones is a special teams player so you can't say he's solid. But the 2015 recruits plus mosley do have a lot of potential but a JUCO with experience could help a lot

Except we need a cornerback to step in right away because Cockrell is moving to safety. Gerry is going back to linebacker, speed for days boys. :wasted

IF Gerry is being rumored to be moving back to LB..............it is an extremely poor decision imo........

If we still had the same staff and same defensive scheme I would agree. But, if we go more towards an attacking type defense without the 2 gap system he could cause some major headaches!!

I really think Davie could be a damn good CB with his size and getting some more coaching.

I really think a new defensive scheme is going to help out our defensive players so much it's going to be crazy. Just watching our defense the last 4 years or so it always looked like everyone was on their heels and tentative b/c everything had to be so perfect for Bo's scheme to work. With a little aggressiveness and playing with instinct can make players more confident and better.