We're Playing USC in the Holiday.

Playing USC in San Diego...This is why I hate bowl games.

There won't be more than 3,000 USC fans there...that might even be pushing it.

While I agree that USC fans are a fair weather lot...there will be more than 3,000 SC fans at the game. It is only a two hour drive from L.A. and even though their season was disappointing, I went to the USC v. Notre Dame game and the USC fans were there in large numbers. I know rivalry game, but the stadium was at least 80% USC fans and they were VERY enthusiastic; I think that might carry over to the Holiday Bowl. If I had to guess, based on UCLA's showing when they were in the Holiday Bowl (SC and UCLA fans are mostly the same people), it should be a little more SC than Nebraska in terms of the turnout.

I hope I'm wrong...the fewer of those A-holes at the game the better....but I think it is a more fair estimate than 3,000.

Just watch us play flawlessly and confirm that the only set back to the staff was ultimately Bo.

That would kinda be funny.
i was going to say it would be hilarious if paps called a perfect game. or if riley kept him and beck on staff as coordinators.

Just watch us play flawlessly and confirm that the only set back to the staff was ultimately Bo.

That would kinda be funny.
i was going to say it would be hilarious if paps called a perfect game. or if riley kept him and beck on staff as coordinators.

Hilarious alright :sarcasm

The toughest running game the Trojans have faced this season was BC's back in mid-September and the Eagles went off for 450+ (so that's a reason for hope) - they didn't play Oregon. U$C doesn't appear to have a strong running game either so that's more good news. Their turnover margin is better than ours by far but that's not uncommon and we've still managed 9 wins with this coaching staff +1 per season yadda yadda...

This is a twofer possibility here. Avenge the losses to USC and smack down Sarkisian one more time. I like the matchup, need to send this class out with some dignity and a bowl win. GBR

Might be one of the best bowl games.

USC is better than their record...allowed three onside kicks and a hail mary to give them two extra losses.

USC could easily be 11-2.

Basically one hail mary against ASU away from winning the south IIRC

I love this. We have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Good opportunity to take advantage of the Riley hire and all those kids to get a fresh look at the Huskers.

I don't even think Riley will be involved in the game plan for this game. He might let the coaches know of some tendencies but this is the last hurrah for Bo's staff.

What do you all think about Cotton being Interim HC? I think he's a goofball in general. For no particular reasons I just never liked the guy. Also, do you think Riley will keep Cotton on board?

I'm hoping we'll attack on defense and then run and catch passes on offense.......wait, not just attack on defense but break up or intercept passes and maybe cause some fumbles.........but mostly tackle them either in the backfield or before they get too many yards........no leaky yardage, definitely.....I pretty much want to do this stuff much more than USC.

Thoughts?

I'm hoping we'll attack on defense and then run and catch passes on offense.......wait, not just attack on defense but break up or intercept passes and maybe cause some fumbles.........but mostly tackle them either in the backfield or before they get too many yards........no leaky yardage, definitely.....I pretty much want to do this stuff much more than USC. Once again.

Thoughts?

The toughest running game the Trojans have faced this season was BC's back in mid-September and the Eagles went off for 450+ (so that's a reason for hope) - they didn't play Oregon. U$C doesn't appear to have a strong running game either so that's more good news. Their turnover margin is better than ours by far but that's not uncommon and we've still managed 9 wins with this coaching staff +1 per season yadda yadda...

Their run game sucks.

Sure they rushed for 205 yards against ND last game, but ND was so overrated.

USC rushed for 62 yards against UCLA the week before.

Their offense revolves around moving Kessler around and rolling him out for short passes...typical Sark and Pac-12 stuff...bubble screens and fake spread read option slant passes.

USC doesn't really drive the ball down the field that often...so Nebraska will have trouble due to lack of time getting any pressure on Kessler...expect up-tempo and spreading the ball around sideline to sideline.