Shout Out to Crusty Old Barney Cotton

He played for the program, he returned to help this program, and has basically given his adult life to this program. Possible his work was not up to some peoples standards, but no one can say he is not loyal or that he does not love Nebraska

I wish him luck in the future, and thank him for all that he tried to do for Nebraska.

• Fire 2

He played for the program, he returned to help this program, and has basically given his adult life to this program. Possible his work was not up to some peoples standards, but no one can say he is not loyal or that he does not love Nebraska

I wish him luck in the future, and thank him for all that he tried to do for Nebraska.

I'd love UNL a lot also if they paid the way for my 3 kids that at best could play decent HS ball...!!!!

He was paid a lot of money for doing a pretty lousy job. He had complete job security despite not producing acceptable results. Despite being mediocre talents, (at best) his kids all got to go to school for free, got to play college football, and got playing time.

Remind me what we're thanking him for again? Cashing a paycheck and riding the gravy train as long as he possibly could?

• Fire 1

Sad that people can't say one thing nice to the guy. I was just trying to put a post together that maybe he and his kids could read and feel a little satisfaction. He's not coming back. Saying something nice isn't going to change that. Weird that people harbor such bitterness that they don't want to say one good thing.

Yeah...you certainly did a hell of a job putting this whole thread together. The hours of your own time it must've taken to organize all of this and show the man how much he really does mean. And it will bring tears to the eyes of his sons, whom I'm sure scour Huskerboard every day hoping to glean some kind of kind words for their dad.

Get over yourself. You wrote a few sentences that pretty much say 'even though none of us like him...let's say some kind words now that he's almost assuredly fired'.

I'm sure Barney Cotton has people in his life that matter to him and think he's a fine human being....same as we all do. Leave it at that.

• Fire 2

Sad that people can't say one thing nice to the guy. I was just trying to put a post together that maybe he and his kids could read and feel a little satisfaction. He's not coming back. Saying something nice isn't going to change that. Weird that people harbor such bitterness that they don't want to say one good thing.

Since when is being truthful considered "harboring bitterness" ??