So what stage are you in with the hire?

So what stage are we at with the hire?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess where I'm at isn't an option?

I like everything the coach has done and said so far. I get a great feeling listening to him speak to people in a press conference as if they were sitting in his living room. Great change from a guy that seemed like he couldn't ever open up and be a regular person. Someone who seemed to hesitate in every sentence in fear of saying what he really thought.

I'm in the crowd that loves the guys attitude, likes his coaching resume', and appreciates where he focuses his efforts as a coach. He's a motivator and a teacher. Not overly complicated. Honest and real.

I'd like to see what he can put on thei field before I ever just go and say I'm completely happy.

It matters to me the type of football we play. It matters to me the kind of effort we see. It matters to me if the team takes pride in representing the history and tradition of this program.

We have yet to see if Coach Riley can bring back a semblance of good, sound, fundamental football. Regardless of wins or losses, something we can be proud of. In my opinion, if people would just looka little deeper, past the #9wins, they'd see we are already better off than we were. I just want to see it played out on the field. I think it all translates to success on and off the field.

I'm excited for the future and I'm glad we made the change.

• Fire 1

I'd like to see what he can put on the field before I ever just go and say I'm completely happy.

It matters to me the type of football we play. It matters to me the kind of effort we see. It matters to me if the team takes pride in representing the history and tradition of this program.

We have yet to see if Coach Riley can bring back a semblance of good, sound, fundamental football.

Yeah, In retrospect, I probably should have worded some of the options differently, such as saying "I'm all N! GBR!" kind of assumes blindly jumping on the bandwagon, when I assume most of us who are positive about the hire still share some of the reservations you mentioned... I think you get what I was trying for, though. How many posters are generally positive vs negative.

I put acceptance. It's a done deal. I see the poll says 59.80 %. Now I know that is on the number of people that voted. I still say that's a pretty high number for all the negativity I've read on this board. You all have your opinions. Some I like and some I don't. ha ha

I was also surprised to see the numbers. Adding the last two options you get about 84% generally positive. I'd say that's pretty decent after one week, given the circumstances.

Welcome to the board, btw! There is some good discussion here, albeit a little argumentative in the past week. Stick around - it gets better.

I'd like to see what he can put on the field before I ever just go and say I'm completely happy.

We have yet to see if Coach Riley can bring back a semblance of good, sound, fundamental football.

Yeah, In retrospect, I probably should have worded some of the options differently, such as saying "I'm all N! GBR!" kind of assumes blindly jumping on the bandwagon, when I assume most of us who are positive about the hire still share some of the reservations you mentioned... I think you get what I was trying for, though. How many posters are generally positive vs negative.

I put acceptance. It's a done deal. I see the poll says 59.80 %. Now I know that is on the number of people that voted. I still say that's a pretty high number for all the negativity I've read on this board. You all have your opinions. Some I like and some I don't. ha ha

I was also surprised to see the numbers. Adding the last two options you get about 84% generally positive. I'd say that's pretty decent after one week, given the circumstances.

Welcome to the board, btw! There is some good discussion here, albeit a little argumentative in the past week. Stick around - it gets better.

Thanks IA State Husker!

Right now - I'm optimistic. Started out wt a 'what just happened' and now I wonder if this might end up being a great hire (not there yet of course until we see season 1 results). I"ve liked his attitude, how he will represent the univ, and so far it appears the recruits (committed and new) like what they see. If we can salvage a good class, that will boast my confidence level. The spring game will be important to see how open the competition is and who will get the # 1 designation at QB coming out of the game.