So what stage are you in with the hire?

So what stage are we at with the hire?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Had to go with happy from day 1. The first couple hours were a little rough until I learned more about MR and began to realize that all the conjecture here on HB was no more than wild hopes and dreams. A lot of the possible "splash" hires really were never possibilities. Some posters seemed to think that the Gruden's and Harbaughs and Tressels etc. were all viable candidates and that, since none of them came, SE must not have opened up the wallet. That isn't being realistic. I think we got the first guy we went for and that he has as much potential or more than any coach we could've landed. The one thing I know is that Riley and his staff will be an improvement over Bo & Co. No doubt in my mind about that. Excited to see what they can do in the coming years. I may be setting myself up for disappointment but I don't foresee any drop off at all. I really expect things (all things) to get better immediately. That might just be acknowledging how poisonous I felt the Bo regime had become but, I guess we'll have to wait and see on that.

• Fire 2

I went with the last one. I have followed Coach Riley a little bit, living out here. I would have preferred Tressel, not so much on the coaching side, but the big name to light recruiting on fire.

We have a coach that is very highly thought of, by anyone who knows him. Very hard to use negative recruiting against him.

He will have anything he needs to succeed, and with that, I think he will jump a couple of rungs and impress us quickly.

I love being able to say that this man is our head coach, that I am proud that the University is being represented by this man. I have not been able to say that for the last 7 years.

We gave the prior coach a chance he did not deserve in any way. This man deserves our support in every way. He has mine and my families.

• Fire 1

I was surprised Riley was hired, but didn't (and still don't) know enough about him to have much of an assessment. I was encouraged by his press conference answers and demeanor, and also that many in coaching and the national media have praised Riley and his hire by Nebraska. I've been encouraged by Riley's work on the recruiting trail so far and his use of social media.

I hope he continues to impress, and most importantly that his offseason successes translate into wins next fall.

I went with the last one. I have followed Coach Riley a little bit, living out here. I would have preferred Tressel, not so much on the coaching side, but the big name to light recruiting on fire.

We have a coach that is very highly thought of, by anyone who knows him. Very hard to use negative recruiting against him.

He will have anything he needs to succeed, and with that, I think he will jump a couple of rungs and impress us quickly.

I love being able to say that this man is our head coach, that I am proud that the University is being represented by this man. I have not been able to say that for the last 7 years.

We gave the prior coach a chance he did not deserve in any way. This man deserves our support in every way. He has mine and my families.

I agree except with the last one my family could careless about football

I agree except with the last one my family could careless about football

tumblr_inline_n6vsmrzCKP1qbolbn.gif