Osborne's judgment

the part that really pi$$es me off is that he basically had the whole state for his taking and he choose not to. he could have really done something here

in building a program but he choose to be basically an immature jerk. SE extened his contract, gave him resources that no other football coach had at

DONU and then he pulls this stunt, this is worse than a little kid throwing a tantrum simply because he is suppose to be an adult.

i really feel bad for turner gill. One of our all time great players, and a great man. i wondering what he was thinking as he saw all the crap going down

over the last 4 years.

the part that really pi$$es me off is that he basically had the whole state for his taking and he choose not to. he could have really done something here

in building a program but he choose to be basically an immature jerk. SE extened his contract, gave him resources that no other football coach had at

DONU and then he pulls this stunt, this is worse than a little kid throwing a tantrum simply because he is suppose to be an adult.

i really feel bad for turner gill. One of our all time great players, and a great man. i wondering what he was thinking as he saw all the crap going down

over the last 4 years.

The extension was automatic, SE had nothing to do with it. The "resources" given him are crap compared to those at other major programs. After seeing HP's handling of TO, you couldn't get Gill here if you named him Emperor of Nebraska.

Okay, I am saying this one time, believe me or not I could care less.

This is not Tom's fault. He was not his selection, he was forced to accept him by buyouts of Pederson and Callahan payoffs. Money brought Bo to Nebraska, not Tom Osborne. Pelini was promised the job in mid to late October, Tom had one chance to keep it from happening. Jim Grobe, the only one that was offered. He turned us down. Deal was done. Big money made the bed we are laying in, not Tom Osborne.

Tom protected him for one reason and one reason only. He had brought Solich in, he had endorsed Pederson, and if Pelini failed he would get the blame for it. Just like what is happening now.

Solich was fired by Pederson, but there were reasons for the firing. Reasons that the University did not want publicized. Not only wins or losses. Also he was a favored son, and they did not want to damage him in the press.

Bo disemboweled the program when he left the first time. Lacked control of his temper long before leaving, lacked control of the team at the Bowl game as interim head coach. The main reason he was not hired the first time.

He sabotaged the program under Calahan. Talked continuously with kids on the team, which is against NCAA rules.

All this is going to come out soon is my guess.

He should have never been allowed on campus. It is a disgrace he was head coach.

Like I said you can believe this or not, but soon, my guess is, this is all going to be public knowledge. There were reasons he was not allowed to meet with the team. They were good reasons.

He is a snake in the grass. I am just hoping the tape is enough to stop the payoff. He deserves nothing from this program or its fans.

In light of tape-gate part 2, I am really questioning Osborne's judgment on this one, and wonder how he will respond to this latest tirade. TO was the one to bring Pelini onboard in the first place, and as fans we saw early on that he was a hothead, but if TO was meeting with Bo as much as Bo stated in his tape, TO had to have seen this behavior all the time. I honestly can't believe he would allow this to go on, and allow this man to turn the players against the fans. The first tape came out in 2011 when TO was still onboard, and he should have addressed it then.

I am so thankful we now have SE as the AD, and I just wish he would have fired Pelini's a*s after the first year.

It cracks me up seeing posts like this as if Bo took us to 1-11 records or put Nebraska back 20 years. I am glad he's gone because he's couldn't get over the hump but to blame TO as if Bo was a failure? Let's get real. Bo might have plateaued and maybe even regressed but he still did a damn good job and I love his passion and love for the game and especially his players. So many are over-reacting to all of this, who cares if he spoke his mind on his way out, we are all adults and can manage. The players are fine and are adapting as well. And none of know the real story of what he was dealing with or what he was making up in his own mind. Either way, just let it go. He did a very good job for us here the past 7 years and it was time to move on and we are...

• Fire 3

I think Osborne's choice was largely dictated by the boosters. Also there were rumblings he wanted Jim Grobe, but Grobe wanted to bring his own entire staff.

That whole Grobe thing was a giant troll. There was never any contact between Nebraska and Grobe.

Legitimately, a well known RSS poster threw that out there back in '07 just to see who would bite. Within an hour Sam McKeown, who is a regular on RSS, had an article up about Nebraska contacting Grobe. Next thing you know, it was getting reported nationally.

Grobe ended up getting a hefty raise because of a troll on RSS.

I honestly wish I were joking about that. Although it is kinda hilarious that Wake had to pony up all that money because of some dude on a message board.

But you are right about boosters threatening a revolt. Osborne would have hired Gill had boosters not threatened to pull donations if it happened.

Okay, I am saying this one time, believe me or not I could care less.

This is not Tom's fault. He was not his selection, he was forced to accept him by buyouts of Pederson and Callahan payoffs. Money brought Bo to Nebraska, not Tom Osborne. Pelini was promised the job in mid to late October, Tom had one chance to keep it from happening. Jim Grobe, the only one that was offered. He turned us down. Deal was done. Big money made the bed we are laying in, not Tom Osborne.

Tom protected him for one reason and one reason only. He had brought Solich in, he had endorsed Pederson, and if Pelini failed he would get the blame for it. Just like what is happening now.

Solich was fired by Pederson, but there were reasons for the firing. Reasons that the University did not want publicized. Not only wins or losses. Also he was a favored son, and they did not want to damage him in the press.

Bo disemboweled the program when he left the first time. Lacked control of his temper long before leaving, lacked control of the team at the Bowl game as interim head coach. The main reason he was not hired the first time.

He sabotaged the program under Calahan. Talked continuously with kids on the team, which is against NCAA rules.

All this is going to come out soon is my guess.

He should have never been allowed on campus. It is a disgrace he was head coach.

Like I said you can believe this or not, but soon, my guess is, this is all going to be public knowledge. There were reasons he was not allowed to meet with the team. They were good reasons.

He is a snake in the grass. I am just hoping the tape is enough to stop the payoff. He deserves nothing from this program or its fans.

I have not like Bo for years, but...sabotaging Callahan years? The players certainly quit on Cosgrove (rightfully so) but are you saying that was coordinated, in part, by Bo?? Source?

First of all, what choice did TO really have. Bo was a near unanimous choice amongst the fans to be hired. Let's not pretend TO was the only one who wanted Bo.

To top it off, we don't even know if Bo was a failure yet. He took us from the depths of BC era, losing seasons and all, and stabilized the program to 9 or 10 wins every year, literally.

Yeah right now things are at an emotional peak, but if MR goes .500 his first 3 years, we will all look at this in a completely different light.

no we won't, only fools would want a hot head like Pelini back....

Should we be questioning our own judgment for questioning the judgment of someone who isn't really officially associated with University?

Maybe you should be questioning your own judgment after that statement.

Just saying. Everyone needs to get over it. Bo's no longer here. Tom is no longer here. Why question the decision now? Why didn't we ask ourselves this when the firing actually occurred? And honestly, are we really, truly, positively surprised and shocked by what Bo said?

If you really, and truly want to question Tom's judgment. Let's start with how he started LP. You could argue that doing that is far worse than Bo calling his boss names...

• Fire 1