Solich v. Pelini

Hujan

^ the only question mark that will never be answered in regards to Frank is if he was going to be able to recruit well enough to maintain the standard set before him. I personally don't think he was going to - so while he certainly turned things around I am guessing we would have continued down a similar path as the one Bo just led us on the last 7 years. Probably wouldn't have watched the bowl streak or other things fall like we did under Cally - but likely wouldn't have seen the success of his early years repeated either. As bad of a word has it is around here - "mediocrity" was an appropriate term to describe the path we were being led down.

Frank replaced some older coaches who did not recruit much anymore. Without the five loss season, Frank could not replace anyone. I was excited to see how Frank would do recruiting with his new staff, but he never got the chance.

Agreed. One year was not enough. I thought he deserved at least another year or 2 with the new staff.

Frank would not have been here another year if he had went 12-0 and a top recruiting class. Some know the real story on this, and I have too much respect for the man to repeat it. Humans make errors, Frank made a big one. The University loved Frank and did everything to protect him from being torn apart by the media. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Good man, good coach, great players, heart of Lion. One of my favorite all time Huskers.

Frank Solich made an overhaul of the staff cuz it needed to be done. And frankly, the Darlintons, Tenopirs, Youngs, and so on needed to step away anyway. They were past their prime. It showed on the field. It showed in recruiting. If Solich was to succeed, and "turn it around", it was clearly time to inject some freshness into the program.

Not to mention, and this is purely specualtion, there's always the possible dynamic of jealousy of Frank. "Why did he get the job?". it is what it is.

yeah, he did it to save his skin, sure. But with success of the program at heart I believe.

As far as it working or not, that's just something that we'll never know, but will ALWAYS be brought up from time to time.

Frank would not have been here another year if he had went 12-0 and a top recruiting class. Some know the real story on this, and I have too much respect for the man to repeat it. Humans make errors, Frank made a big one. The University loved Frank and did everything to protect him from being torn apart by the media. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Good man, good coach, great players, heart of Lion. One of my favorite all time Huskers.

I've heard this before but no one ever elaborates. PM me and elaborate, please.

I've heard this before but no one ever elaborates. PM me and elaborate, please.

I'll have what Elf's having, please.