Steve Pederson fired:“He meddled with everything. He was a control freak."

http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/7401854-74/pitt-pederson-football#axzz3MDqqtO8I

“He meddled with everything. He was a control freak. Hopefully, we can recover from what he's done there.”

i wonder if that was the type of support bo was so desperate to receive.

Bo did complain that he didn't see the athletic director enough...

i get the impression that unless the AD makes bo feel like a special little flower, he will find some reason to rip him or her.

Or, you know, there could be a balance? Bo isn't the first or last to say that Eichorst is a ghost. Miami people felt the exact same way.

• Fire 1

http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/7401854-74/pitt-pederson-football#axzz3MDqqtO8I

“He meddled with everything. He was a control freak. Hopefully, we can recover from what he's done there.”

i get the impression that unless the AD makes bo feel like a special little flower, he will find some reason to rip him or her.

Or, you know, there could be a balance? Bo isn't the first or last to say that Eichorst is a ghost. Miami people felt the exact same way.

what's wrong with being a ghost? as long as the bills are paid and you give your coaches everything they have asked for.

what's wrong with being a ghost? as long as the bills are paid and you give your coaches everything they have asked for.

Me personally? I'd at least like to have feedback and be able to bounce stuff off of a superior in a working relationship. Now, I don't ever see Bo doing that with Shawn, but I would think you'd like to have some contact at least. Wasn't there an OWH or LJS article when the new associate AD's were hired in the spring that alluded to frustations from the various coaches in contacting Eichorst? I'll see if I can find it.

Me personally? I'd at least like to have feedback and be able to bounce stuff off of a superior in a working relationship. Now, I don't ever see Bo doing that with Shawn, but I would think you'd like to have some contact at least. Wasn't there an OWH or LJS article when the new associate AD's were hired in the spring that alluded to frustations from the various coaches in contacting Eichorst? I'll see if I can find it.

i will agree with you. i wonder what it is really like in that department, if it is an issue, and why eichorst operates that way.

i would prefer it to too much meddling. i mean, i would hope a coach could go to the AD if they needed something. and they should have a pretty good idea of what is expected of them as coaches.

What support does the football coach need from the AD? Bo had plenty of money & facilities. Does he want to AD to sing soft kitty to him every night?

• Fire 1

Look, I am glad Bo is gone.

But

I think that people are confusing what Bo means, or, what anyone really means when they are talking about this topic. .he means that he wanted to know that his boss had his back...That is what we all want! I have had bosses where I felt like I could talk to them about anything...and I have had bosses where I was always worried to chat with them.

I have HATED that feeling of having a boss that seemed "out to get me"

It is like when you are driving and a cop pulls up behind you...you are not doing anything wrong but you just feel "weird"

• Fire 1

From what I read, Eichorst likes to stay out of the spot light and let his coaches do their work. I think he wants the coaches and kids to get the attention while he works behind the scenes.

I think Bo valued SE's opinion and feedback less than his morning dump. Bo made it clear that night he never trusted Eichorst from the get go. Why would a control freak like Bo want someone he dislikes so much involved in his (from Bo's point of view) program in any way, shape, or form?

Look, I am glad Bo is gone.

But

I think that people are confusing what Bo means, or, what anyone really means when they are talking about this topic. .he means that he wanted to know that his boss had his back...That is what we all want! I have had bosses where I felt like I could talk to them about anything...and I have had bosses where I was always worried to chat with them.

I have HATED that feeling of having a boss that seemed "out to get me"

It is like when you are driving and a cop pulls up behind you...you are not doing anything wrong but you just feel "weird"

As a boss who inherited problem employees and a big bully employee; you do not "have their back". You wait for them to do some really blatant ,stupid stuff. Especially if some of your customers liked the problem children. You have fear that you will lose "customers" but when the bully is gone, they will tell what an asshat he was and why didn't you do it faster. .........................because firing people is really unpleasant for most normal bosses.