Why isn't there as much public outrage with the cop killer...

NUance

I'm not rehashing the "facts" in that case, there is a thread where it was discussed about and it's obvious most of the people here aren't going to hear anything about that case other than "he killed an unarmed black boy!" The hard evidence shows he tried to take the cops gun, he was fired upon for those actions, witness testimony for both sides suck and are full of lies, not just the officers. Simple as that......

• Fire 5

I'm not rehashing the "facts" in that case, there is a thread where it was discussed about and it's obvious most of the people here aren't going to hear anything about that case other than "he killed an unarmed black boy!" The hard evidence shows he tried to take the cops gun, he was fired upon for those actions, witness testimony for both sides suck and are full of lies, not just the officers. Simple as that......

So what was the point of your silly meme?

Posted by "AngryWhiteWoman". Doesn't exactly alleviate calls of racism, does it?

• Fire 1

So what was the point of your silly meme?

Posted by "AngryWhiteWoman". Doesn't exactly alleviate calls of racism, does it?

You think it was silly, I think it makes sense, to each his own. I think it's silly to read a bunch of white folks opinions on racism in America when they really have no clue. #bluelivesmattertoo

• Fire 2

You think it was silly, I think it makes sense, to each his own. I think it's silly to read a bunch of white folks opinions on racism in America when they really have no clue. #bluelivesmattertoo

Do you have to be poor to empathize with those in need? Do you have to have cancer to feel sympathy for those who do?

Do you have to be black to have empathy for the very real struggles of that community? That's a completely ridiculous stance to take. Absolutely 100% absurd. This country could stand a little more empathy between citizens. Maybe we wouldn't be in this f'ing mess.

• Fire 1

I like Charles Barkley's take.

“We never discuss race in this country until something bad happens,” he said, CNN reported. “And even then it usually reflects a ‘tribe mentality.’ Everybody wants to protect their own tribe, whether they are right or wrong.”

Mr. Barkley, who has previously dealt with his own confrontations with police, said too many communities call on police to come clean them up, but then decry racial profiling when something happens, CNN said.

“We, as black people, we have a lot of crooks,” he said, CNN reported. “We can’t just wait until something like [the Brown shooting] happens. We have to look at ourselves in the mirror. There is a reason that they racially profile us in the way they do. Sometimes it is wrong. and sometimes it is right.”

Mr. Barkley commended those who peacefully protest, saying “that’s what this country was built on,” CNN reported. But he sharply rebuked those who turn to violent means to get their point across.

“To be burning peoples’ property, burning police cars, looting peoples’ stores,” he said, CNN reported, “that is 100 percent ridiculous.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/3/charles-barkley-doubles-down-on-ferguson-we-as-bla/#ixzz3MeRarBfi

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

• Fire 3

Do you have to be poor to empathize with those in need? Do you have to have cancer to feel sympathy for those who do?

Do you have to be black to have empathy for the very real struggles of that community? That's a completely ridiculous stance to take. Absolutely 100% absurd. This country could stand a little more empathy between citizens. Maybe we wouldn't be in this f'ing mess.

Don't take your anger out on me, 92% of black folks are killed by other black folks. Again this isn't a racism problem, you people want to take these two incidents and turn it into a racism problem and use these incidents as an excuse. I'm sick of being told every day I'm racist and arrest more black people and show biased towards black people. It's frustrating to see two situations that had nothing to do with racism be twisted to fit agendas and drive a divide in this country. I really don't care if you think it's absurd, I think it's absurd to pull a bunch of random B.S. off of the internet to try and prove a point.

• Fire 4

Don't take your anger out on me, 92% of black folks are killed by other black folks. Again this isn't a racism problem, you people want to take these two incidents and turn it into a racism problem and use these incidents as an excuse. I'm sick of being told every day I'm racist and arrest more black people and show biased towards black people. It's frustrating to see two situations that had nothing to do with racism be twisted to fit agendas and drive a divide in this country. I really don't care if you think it's absurd, I think it's absurd to pull a bunch of random B.S. off of the internet to try and prove a point.

Who's telling you that? Statistics make inferences on a population in general. Nobody posting statistics (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "random B.S.") is saying that you are racist. You seem incapable of separating yourself and not being defensive about this.

#bluelivesmattertoo

Who the hell said they didn't???

You must live in a shell, there are thousands upon thousands of people that hate the police, want us dead now because they think we are "racist pigs that are only here to violate rights" I have a right to an opinion on the matter as well. My profession is being attacked unfairly and you think I'm just going to stand by and not speak up about that? That is laughable, I'm the only cop on the board, so of course I'll get attacked by you folks so you can take your anger out on me over the situation. Facts are facts

• Fire 3

Who's telling you that? Statistics make inferences on a population in general. Nobody posting statistics (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "random B.S.") is saying that you are racist. You seem incapable of separating yourself and not being defensive about this.

That's because you guys don't deal with this stuff on a daily basis, easy to criticize a profession when you aren't part of it. Statistics can show what you want them to show depending on where you pull your data from.

• Fire 2

I'm White. I'm quite qualified to have a discussion on race relations in America. I'm quite qualified to debate racism in America. I have no idea where the idea comes from that Whites can't discuss, from an informed position, race in this country.

@BRI - I can edit that out, but it won't be until this evening.

• Fire 1

#bluelivesmattertoo

Who the hell said they didn't???

You must live in a shell, there are thousands upon thousands of people that hate the police, want us dead now because they think we are "racist pigs that are only here to violate rights" I have a right to an opinion on the matter as well. My profession is being attacked unfairly and you think I'm just going to stand by and not speak up about that? That is laughable, I'm the only cop on the board, so of course I'll get attacked by you folks so you can take your anger out on me over the situation. Facts are facts

Who is attacking you or taking anger out on you? Again, you're taking things personally. There isn't a single person on here who thinks all cops are racist (and probably not anyone who thinks the majority of cops are racist). Discussing that in general the actions against minorities are disproportionate is not a personal attack on individual cops.