Why isn't there as much public outrage with the cop killer...

NUance

Do you mean AL Sharpton has not held a rally protesting the killing of a cop? Well knock me over with a feather.

He's condemned the killings.... but what is there to protest? The killer is dead, no one is trying to vilify the cops that were killed. There's literally nothing to protest.

I know there is nothing to protest just like there is usually nothing to protest when Sharpton does get all worked up over something. For him to care it would require a black person or criminal being killed by a white person or law officer. Let me know when the usual suspects raise as much hell when a LEO gets killed by a criminal. If people in this thread didn't get my jab at The typical Sharpton MO, I can't help that.

Who/what would people protest? Who would we show our outrage for? It's something sh**ty that happened that can't really be fixed. It's a crazy person killing someone. And there isn't a systematic oppression of cops.

But there is a systematic hatred of cops in the black community.

Why would that be?
  • Fire 1

Do you mean AL Sharpton has not held a rally protesting the killing of a cop? Well knock me over with a feather.

He's condemned the killings.... but what is there to protest? The killer is dead, no one is trying to vilify the cops that were killed. There's literally nothing to protest.

I know there is nothing to protest just like there is usually nothing to protest when Sharpton does get all worked up over something. For him to care it would require a black person or criminal being killed by a white person or law officer. Let me know when the usual suspects raise as much hell when a LEO gets killed by a criminal. If people in this thread didn't get my jab at The typical Sharpton MO, I can't help that.

I got your jab. It is just completely irrelevant.

Here's a thought. Why not pull all police presence from predominantly black neighborhoods and let them "police" themselves.

Or you could work to ensure that the police in a given area are demographically representative of that area. But that is less racist, so let's do your thing.

Here's a thought. Why not pull all police presence from predominantly black neighborhoods and let them "police" themselves.

Or you could work to ensure that the police in a given area are demographically representative of that area. But that is less racist, so let's do your thing.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/10/diversity_won_t_solve_police_misconduct_black_cops_don_t_reduce_violence.html

The best look at this comes from Brad W. Smith, a researcher from Wayne State University in Detroit. In a 2003 paper, he looks at the impact of police diversity on officer-involved homicides in cities of more than 100,000 residents and cities of more than 250,000 residents. Regardless of city size, there wasnt a relationship between racial representation and police killingsofficer diversity didnt mean much. At most, in smaller cities, female officers were more likely to commit shootings than their male counterparts, a facthe speculatesthat could be tied to sexist pressures on female officers, who might feel the need to act tough to prove their bona fides.

What mattered for police shootings wasnt the makeup of the police department, it was the makeup of the city. In all measured cities, an increase in black residents brought an increase in police shootings. In smaller cities, a substantial change in the proportion of black residents resulted in a slight increase in the predicted number of police-caused homicides. And in the larger cities, the same change increased the chance for police-caused homicides by a factor of 10 compared to smaller cities. Put another way, the quickest way to predict the number of police shootings in a city is to see how many blacks live there.

I got your jab. It is just completely irrelevant.

I thought it was relevant considering the thread title asked the question, why isn't there as much public outrage. Given that typically the loudest and possibly only source of public outrage, over virtually anything, commences from AL Sharpton, it seemed to fit to me. Sorry if others disagree.

There's no outrage because there's nothing to protest. A guy did a despicable thing, everyone has condemned it, and the guy is now dead. I think everyone is sad and upset about what happened and I know I feel horrible for the two officers and their families. Now if the perp was still alive and was not indicted for his crime for some reason, then there would be something to be outraged about. It's really not complicated, nor is it some hypocritical situation at all.

This country has turned into a complete joke. I don't know how any country is supposed to take us seriously anymore. Just look at all the people on Twitter and Facebook applauding their murder.

Because some of these liberals think killing a cop and a cop killing someone is the same thing.

Oh liberals. lolz.

This country has turned into a complete joke. I don't know how any country is supposed to take us seriously anymore. Just look at all the people on Twitter and Facebook applauding their murder.

Because some of these liberals think killing a cop and a cop killing someone is the same thing.

Oh liberals. lolz.

I'm sure most of the people applauding this lean right, especially the black community.

Oh liberals. lolz.

I'm sure most of the people applauding this lean right, especially the black community.

Exactly how do you know the black community is applauding? This is the danger we face as a nation to assume that entire group of people think one way based upon what we see on tv or read in a paper.

Oh liberals. lolz.

The KKK most closely aligns with the GOP. I guess we should just call Republicans klansmen.

I guess I don't understand the need to break something like this down to political party lines. That just serves to demonstrates how pathetic the discourse in this country is.

• Fire 1