top 10 greatest husker football plays of all time

HUSKER 37

Rozier had a very long run against Oklahoma that, if I recall correctly, was the first or second play from scrimmage after Oklahoma had taken the lead. It wasn't a TD as he got pushed out of bounds, but it was 60 or 70 yards.

In context it was absolutely vital. OU was down that year and hung their hat on trying to give us a loss. That particular run was the very definition of a quick counter punch.

It won't make any top 10 list but it was arguably as important as any during that '83 season.

One I remember Osborn going on about on his weekly football show was where Rozier reversed field...hopefully included here: (~33 seconds in)

Tommy had a lot of other great runs and passes.

The best pass that comes to mind was from a game against Colorado. He was in the grasp of a Buffalo defender and still managed to hit Ahman Green on the sideline. I know people will bring up that ISU game but, to my recollection, #15 was never bested on the field by his counterpart (despite having faced Heisman winners).

The best pass that comes to mind was from a game against Colorado. He was in the grasp of a Buffalo defender and still managed to hit Ahman Green on the sideline. I know people will bring up that ISU game but, to my recollection, #15 was never bested on the field by his counterpart (despite having faced Heisman winners).

He wasnt just "in the grasp". He was blindsided by an outside linebacker at full speed. Shoulder pads in the ribs. Took the hit, pump faked, held the ball, then let it fly.

Start watching at 1:02:07. This play is 2 plays prior to the one being discussed. notice how CU is just starting to ramp up the chippiness, and the next play starts to get even a little rough with Tommie. Not a big Tommie fan off the field, but man, nothin pleases me more than stickin right back to some idiot sh#t talkers.

• Fire 1

He wasnt just "in the grasp". He was blindsided by an outside linebacker at full speed. Shoulder pads in the ribs. Took the hit, pump faked, held the ball, then let it fly.

Start watching at 1:02:07. This play is 2 plays prior to the one being discussed. notice how CU is just starting to ramp up the chippiness, and the next play starts to get even a little rough with Tommie. Not a big Tommie fan off the field, but man, nothin pleases me more than stickin right back to some idiot sh#t talkers.

Thanks for the effort finding that. I did a search but only found an article. I was waiting tables during this game, too, so my view of the play wasn't perfect (in the kitchen as I recall).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxbHy7DPaQE

Thanks for the effort finding that. I did a search but only found an article. I was waiting tables during this game, too, so my view of the play wasn't perfect (in the kitchen as I recall).

That's cool. I wasnt coming off as arrogant. But I have a keen memory for everything Huskers, and I love to point and exploit details. That stretch that year when we played 3 top ten teams (that werent just top ten when we played them, but ALSO finished the year top ten) has to be one of the most if not the most impressive stretches in college football history. 4 games against top ten teams (at the time and finishing), and won those 4 games by an average of 49-18. It's mesmerizing.

• Fire 1

Yes, and when before or after have you seen any QB make that throw? Me neither!

What I love about Roziers counter option run against OU is the blocking! Three or more sooners getting knocked on their tucas' with one flipping through the air! That was a common theme with the old Huskers if you look at the Johnny Rodgers punt returns too you will see crushing blocks and people getting planted on their backsides. Especially the sooners.

Is the bouncerooski double pass still legal?

"Oh I knew Tom Osborne had something up his sleave!". Hmmm what did Pelini ever have up his sleave?

That's cool. I wasnt coming off as arrogant. But I have a keen memory for everything Huskers, and I love to point and exploit details. That stretch that year when we played 3 top ten teams (that werent just top ten when we played them, but ALSO finished the year top ten) has to be one of the most if not the most impressive stretches in college football history. 4 games against top ten teams (at the time and finishing), and won those 4 games by an average of 49-18. It's mesmerizing.

There's no need to defend your appreciation for a Husker legend. I appreciate the response, though, too.

Rozier had a very long run against Oklahoma that, if I recall correctly, was the first or second play from scrimmage after Oklahoma had taken the lead. It wasn't a TD as he got pushed out of bounds, but it was 60 or 70 yards.

In context it was absolutely vital. OU was down that year and hung their hat on trying to give us a loss. That particular run was the very definition of a quick counter punch.

It won't make any top 10 list but it was arguably as important as any during that '83 season.

One I remember Osborn going on about on his weekly football show was where Rozier reversed field...hopefully included here: (~33 seconds in)

What strikes me most on these two videos is the sheer number of defenders who were knocked on their can and pancaked by not only O linemen but fullbacks and wide receivers. TO's offense was like a fine Swiss made watch.