Jim Harbaugh reportedly heading to Michigan

r06ue1

Harbaugh is perfect at Michigan. He's not going to let anyone associated with UM tell him how to run his team. He's going to run it exactly how he wants to run it. That is a lot of what has plagued Michigan.

His act may or may not work long-term in the professional ranks where there are players bigger than the coach, but his word will be the law at UM. Michigan got exactly the right guy to succeed. I have to wonder how many years it will be before Meyer has more "health issues" again.

I'm sure he will do great and it is a great, well fit hire for Michigan. the conference wins as well..

However,......................... its not like SF is begging him to stay...and him to UM IS NOT a done deal. lotsa other interest from NFL teams...he may or may not be the next Bo Schembeckler. time will tell

Waiting for the official announcement- this will be great for the B10... wonder how along until Urban has another health problem? He will no longer have his pick of the litter in the B10 east. I do not expect Jim H to stay longer the 3-5 years. Me thinks, he will want to be back at the NFL. He had good success there vs Saban, Carroll (first time), Spurrier, Riley (ok, I am drinking some aryl Kool-aid) and a few others from the collegiate level.

It has to be an exciting time to be a Wolverine until you get that first bill for next year's season tickets.

Waiting for the official announcement- this will be great for the B10... wonder how along until Urban has another health problem? He will no longer have his pick of the litter in the B10 east. I do not expect Jim H to stay longer the 3-5 years. Me thinks, he will want to be back at the NFL. He had good success there vs Saban, Carroll (first time), Spurrier, Riley (ok, I am drinking some aryl Kool-aid) and a few others from the collegiate level.

It has to be an exciting time to be a Wolverine until you get that first bill for next year's season tickets.

its official. boosters have been told. its all over espn. its official.

I love this logic...if a school gets a great coach, somehow they sold their soul. It is a great hire for Michigan and it was the best one they could make. Also, Michigan has just about limitless cash.

Just people trying to convince themselves that Nebraska made the better hire.

Nebraska might have.

• Fire 1

I remember when Brady Hoke was a home run hire.... Fans, and media alike, loved the guy (and the hire). Talks of championships could be heard in Lincoln. The last two highly praised hires at Michigan have failed miserably (Hoke, and Rodriguez), so I wouldn't just assume this one works out...

Just because the guy is a rock star doesn't mean success is imminent.... And just because Riley didn't have success at the outpost that is Oregon State, doesn't mean he won't win championships at a place like Nebraska....

I remember when Brady Hoke was a home run hire.... Fans, and media alike, loved the guy (and the hire). Talks of championships could be heard in Lincoln. The last two highly praised hires at Michigan have failed miserably (Hoke, and Rodriguez), so I wouldn't just assume this one works out...

Just because the guy is a rock star doesn't mean success is imminent.... And just because Riley didn't have success at the outpost that is Oregon State, doesn't mean he won't win championships at a place like Nebraska....

Thus is nothing like the Hoke hire nor Rich Rod. This is closer to Urban coming to OSU.

• Fire 1