Frost?

I, personally, did not want Frost to be our head coach (yet) and am excited about riley. With that being said, I wonder how many head coaching opportunities he will get next year if Oregon's offense doesnt miss a beat without Mariotta and would he leave a high profile job to come back to Nebraska when Riley retires? Just a few hypoheticals thrown out there and im curious to see what everyone thinks.

Frost does well where he is but is it a Duck's thing?

When Riles is done do we go with another unknown or with the OC that has been groomed to move into the position?

I love Frost and threads on them. Always a fun read. He was my choice to replace Bo. I liked the gamble.

I now think he never leaves Oregon. No reason to leave that program. I think He does well at OC and then moves into Head Coach for the Ducks.

Absolutely no reason to consider Nebraska now or down the road. Yes, broad painting strokes but my perception is that the B1G will be as it has always been ... a traditionally conference with OSU and Michigan with a bunch of third tier teams. I don't see the B1G footprint getting bigger or better and Nebraska will be average at recruiting, thus the need for great coaching by Riley and his staff. Finally, I think Oregon has seen the value/potential/asset in Frost and the Big Red are more conservative and thus won't take the risk until it is to late.

Here is to being wrong. :-)

I love Frost and threads on them. Always a fun read. He was my choice to replace Bo. I liked the gamble.

I now think he never leaves Oregon. No reason to leave that program. I think He does well at OC and then moves into Head Coach for the Ducks.

Absolutely no reason to consider Nebraska now or down the road. Yes, broad painting strokes but my perception is that the B1G will be as it has always been ... a traditionally conference with OSU and Michigan with a bunch of third tier teams. I don't see the B1G footprint getting bigger or better and Nebraska will be average at recruiting, thus the need for great coaching by Riley and his staff. Finally, I think Oregon has seen the value/potential/asset in Frost and the Big Red are more conservative and thus won't take the risk until it is to late.

Here is to being wrong. :-)

I think you might be right.

FYI, I will be a Riley fan and support him moving forward. Due to age I think he is a 4-5 year hire at the most. I gave Bo 6 years before I was done with him. I will give the same measure of grace for Coach Riley.

I bet he is year 7 years.

Year 1- 10-3 B10 runner up

Year 2- 11-2 B10 runner up

Year 3- 12-2 B10 Champs (playoffs)

Year 4- 13-2 B10 Champs (NC Runner up)

Year 5- 14-1 NATIONAL CHAMPS

Year 6- 11-2 B10 Runner up

Year 7- 15-0 NATIONAL CHAMPS

RIDES OFF INTO SUNSET

RIDES OFF INTO SUNSET

That's just nuts.

No way am I going to wait for 5 years.

• Fire 1

RIDES OFF INTO SUNSET

That's just nuts.

No way am I going to wait for 5 years.

Lolz

People are going to want to see how he calls plays without a Heisman winning quarterback before he gets a big boy call

rLIi2GI.gif

@Bleed4, Didn't Frost already have offers from Colo State and Tulsa? I'll bet he other offers we don't even know about.

That said, I'm guessing he'll stay at Oregon for the time being. The Duck OC position is a pretty good gig as far as FBS coaching jobs go.

Hmmm, I was one who desperately wanted Frost to be our next HC and after watching them this season and especially the dismantling of FSU, I just love their uptempo offense and the creativity of their plays, that 2-point conversion was awesome and left FSU completely dumbfounded. I was never one to question his lack of HC experience, I think being a QB under TO, winning a national championship and soaking all that in plus his years at Oregon and the schools before that job, was more than enough to allow him success here at NU. I am supporting Riley and company but I would rather have had Frost and let him grow a bit into the job, I think he will be a very successful head coach and maybe before the doubters think so.. My two cents.

• Fire 1

FYI, I will be a Riley fan and support him moving forward. Due to age I think he is a 4-5 year hire at the most. I gave Bo 6 years before I was done with him. I will give the same measure of grace for Coach Riley.

You guys seem to think 61 is old. ITS NOT!!! Take a good look around people are being productive well into their 70ies. Coach Riles could easily be here 10+ years.

T_O_B

I think Frost comes to be our WR Coach.

Discuss.

:sarcasm

Thank God for that sarcasm emo. I don't think Frost will ever coach at Nebraska. He either takes over Oregon when the time comes or takes another West Coast job. I just don't think situations or timing will ever be right.

T_O_B