Frost?

Frost did not impress tonight for sure. I hated the run plays when Oregon needed a TD in the first half. On third down Mariota can make a quick strike. Then on 4th take the 3 points or if you see something go for another play. Not having two of their key WR's hurt Oregon. They typically throw down the field much more for easy 15-20 yard plays. They didn't do that tonight. When they did their 3rd stringer dropped it. So they went for running plays and short TE throws. It was like half their offense was not available tonight. OSU must have covered well down field but I was surprised they didn't go for those chunk yardage plays which really puts the defense on their heels...that is Oregon's style. It would not work here at NU so I can understand why we never contacted him.

It seemed to me they were totally out matched on the line of scrimmage. Many players out, and lot of things to overcome due to it. They have talent a little better than Nebraska's. Not a great difference, other than the QB.

The team got man handled, Ohio State was bigger faster quicker than Oregon. Was not a good match up I guess is what the smart guys say.

Helfrich handled it well. Meyer a little too cocky for me. But he just won his 3rd NC so can not complain too much.

The play calling were what they called all year, just did not work against Ohio State. Coach Frost will learn from it. They were tougher this year I thought, they now have it further embedded that they need to be bigger and stronger.

Ohio State was a beast, nothing less.

I think our next HC will have been a OC in Oregon. Just not the one this thread is about. If Riley & Langsdorf are successful, my guess would be Langsdorf would be handed the keys in 5-7 years. If they are not then in 4-5 years there will be a national search & Frost will be looked at. If someone better is available you would have to believe NU would go for them first.

Frost did not impress tonight for sure. I hated the run plays when Oregon needed a TD in the first half. On third down Mariota can make a quick strike. Then on 4th take the 3 points or if you see something go for another play. Not having two of their key WR's hurt Oregon. They typically throw down the field much more for easy 15-20 yard plays. They didn't do that tonight. When they did their 3rd stringer dropped it. So they went for running plays and short TE throws. It was like half their offense was not available tonight. OSU must have covered well down field but I was surprised they didn't go for those chunk yardage plays which really puts the defense on their heels...that is Oregon's style. It would not work here at NU so I can understand why we never contacted him.

I'll take him , site unseen

I think our next HC will have been a OC in Oregon. Just not the one this thread is about. If Riley & Langsdorf are successful, my guess would be Langsdorf would be handed the keys in 5-7 years. If they are not then in 4-5 years there will be a national search & Frost will be looked at. If someone better is available you would have to believe NU would go for them first.

Or Langsdorf could march off to another HC job before then

If Oregon's gonna get over the NC hump, they are gonna HAVE to get more physical up front on both sides of the ball. We've seen it against Stanford with them year after year after year. This is not a fluke. This program and it's identity is still susceptible to teams that wanna line up and punch you in the face like Ohio St did.