****ALL PELINI ERA TEAM**** (CB, S, P/K)

Redux

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CB - Prince Amukamara and Stanley Jean-Baptiste. Prince is a no brainer, and neither is Dennard, but I feel he deserves more of an honorable mention, because SJB was a WR playing in a CB spot, and it showed just how having that type of size on the defensive side of the ball really tips that scales more in your favor. I never will understand the notion of using a 5'8" CB against a 6'4" WR.

S - DeJon Gomes and Nate Gerry. Nate Gerry established himself as one hell of a S. Gomes takes the cake for the 2nd pick easily, even though Stafford is in the NFL and Gomes isn't. Stafford was close to being my pick, but I felt positioning sometimes wasn't always he strong point. Very solid tackler though.

K/P - Alex Henery and Brett Maher.

I really like Nate Gerry, and he's got a pretty bright future, but at this point he hasn't indicated he'll be a better player than Eric Hagg. Hagg could do everything in the back seven, and often did, and he excelled at it. He was a gem of a player and time is making people forget just how valuable he was to this defense.

I really like Nate Gerry, and he's got a pretty bright future, but at this point he hasn't indicated he'll be a better player than Eric Hagg. Hagg could do everything in the back seven, and often did, and he excelled at it. He was a gem of a player and time is making people forget just how valuable he was to this defense.

I really liked Gerry where he was this year. He seemed to be around the ball on every play, contributing one way or another.

I don't think you can have an All-Pelini team without 5 DBs. Ciante deserves to be on the list, but I couldn't vote for him as a CB or a top 2 safety. I think the best way to account for the nickle or peso is to have 3 safeties. This is very important to me in this unofficial, winners get nothing poll.

I don't think you can have an All-Pelini team without 5 DBs. Ciante deserves to be on the list, but I couldn't vote for him as a CB or a top 2 safety. I think the best way to account for the nickle or peso is to have 3 safeties. This is very important to me in this unofficial, winners get nothing poll.

This is what made it hard to do. I just went with a standard format since each team was a little different when you figure in where they were in 08 to 14. I would tend to agree with you though

Hagg was one of the best cover corners of passes <10 yards in CFB I have ever seen. Throws such short slants or in routes were his specialty. His ability to read the route, time the pass, and then making a play on the ball while also wrapping up the receiver was second to none in that range. All the yards we've given up on those plays after his absence prove that.

Dennard vs. Stanley Jean-Baptiste Career Stats

Alfonzo Dennard-5'10 205 lb.

G/S Tackles TFL Sacks PBU Int.

48/32 97 4 0 21 4

Stanley Jean-Baptiste-6'3 220 lb.

39/19 74 4 1 22 7

Prince Amukamara-6'1 205 lb.

49/31 181 6 4 27 5

Eric Hagg-6'2 210 lb.