Langsdorf "Intrigued" by TA's Running Ability

Mavric

The NU offense will be the OSU offense. Those guys have coached that offense for some 15 years if not longer.

Will you see a bit of some run game, sure...but the coaches are not going to try and out-smart themselves...they are going to stick with what they know and what they coach the best.

They are going to look at all the QB's and they are going to pick the one that does the things they want done.

You are aware that Riley publicly had said he was thinking about making major changes in his offense even before he took this job?

And, that they will mold their offense to fit the talent we currently have on the team?

Yep and yep.

But coaches go back to what they know and why would you want a staff to come in that has never coached one type of offense and try to start running it?

And sure I might be wrong...but it is what I think

I'm not saying I expect them to go from a prototypical drop back passing attack to a wishbone triple option.

I expect them to have plenty of passing. But, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't work into the mix more of an attack that takes advantage of a QBs running ability. It also will be interesting to see what he chooses to do as far as tempo.

Those sorts of things can be changed especially when you have a very experienced, well seasoned coaching staff.

Heck, TO completely changed his own offense around 1980. I don't expect that type of change. But, I would be surprised if they run exactly what they ran at OSU.

The NU offense will be the OSU offense. Those guys have coached that offense for some 15 years if not longer.

Will you see a bit of some run game, sure...but the coaches are not going to try and out-smart themselves...they are going to stick with what they know and what they coach the best.

They are going to look at all the QB's and they are going to pick the one that does the things they want done.

I'd be more apt to bet you're actually probably more right than wrong about this.

All that stuff they said about building around the talent available sounds good, and I'm sure they will implement some things that utilize the talent we have, but the overall product will probably be closer to their usual. Not saying that is a bad thing. They just may not have the QB to execute it at a high level. We'll see what they can do about that. If they want quicker results, they'd go with what they know.

I like the idea that even the QB spot is up for grabs. New playbook and expectations and all. Hopefully someone emerges to their liking.

Agreed. And no more 'Bo's Doghouse' talk, where we're asking ourselves why some of the more talented folks are riding pine instead of starting (see, our second-string O-Line).

That will always be said in Husker Nation. The second string is always better.

How about that Johnny Stanton kid?

You are aware that Riley publicly had said he was thinking about making major changes in his offense even before he took this job?

And, that they will mold their offense to fit the talent we currently have on the team?

Yep and yep.

But coaches go back to what they know and why would you want a staff to come in that has never coached one type of offense and try to start running it?

And sure I might be wrong...but it is what I think

I'm not saying I expect them to go from a prototypical drop back passing attack to a wishbone triple option.

I expect them to have plenty of passing. But, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't work into the mix more of an attack that takes advantage of a QBs running ability. It also will be interesting to see what he chooses to do as far as tempo.

Those sorts of things can be changed especially when you have a very experienced, well seasoned coaching staff.

Heck, TO completely changed his own offense around 1980. I don't expect that type of change. But, I would be surprised if they run exactly what they ran at OSU.

Riley recently mentioned it will be a pro-style set. I read that somewhere here. So if no QB is capable to run it with efficiency, then they will have to blend it up some based on that. It would be unfortunate if there is no QB on the entire roster that can't grasp and run Riley's offense. Especially with the teaching, guidance, attention and direction the QBs will get.

Mobility can help with rollout passes, avoiding sacks, extending plays and specific QB run plays. That's what mobility should do to help. As oppose to exerting a lot of energy running zone reads, taking hits, and then passing the ball 25+ a game.