Super Bowl XLIX

Mavric

Congrats Tom. Hard to say anyone has ever done it better as a quarterback than that guy. Of course it helps having elite coaches and supporting cast, but the dude is just too good.

Joe Montana says "Hi"

I grew up with my first words being 'Go Joe' according to my mom, as a huge 49ers fan, but there's nothing that Joe has done that Tom hasn't done and possibly surpassed, at least numbers wise.

Congrats Tom. Hard to say anyone has ever done it better as a quarterback than that guy. Of course it helps having elite coaches and supporting cast, but the dude is just too good.

Joe Montana says "Hi"

I grew up with my first words being 'Go Joe' according to my mom, as a huge 49ers fan, but there's nothing that Joe has done that Tom hasn't done and possibly surpassed, at least numbers wise.

4-0

Joe Montana says "Hi"

4-0

Eh. I don't know how you could argue one way or the other that a better winning percentage int he Super Bowl is obviously better than a worse percentage but getting there two more times.

Eh, cheater is probably accurate. Zero chance he didn't know about deflate-gate. Now how much advantage that cheating was gaining is probably pretty small.

Probably should have explained that better I suppose. "Cheating" may be accurate, but to use that in your case for Montana being a better QB is absurd.... Especially, when you hear the way some former NFL QB's talk, Montana was probably doing the exact same thing.

Joe Montana says "Hi"

4-0

Eh. I don't know how you could argue one way or the other that a better winning percentage int he Super Bowl is obviously better than a worse percentage but getting there two more times.

Montana went 4-0 in the Super Bowl and never threw an INT and didn't have to rely on a kicker to help win him a ring too. Brady is a hell of a QB and I would want him as the Bears QB but its not even close debating these two.

Joe Montana says "Hi"

4-0

Montana went 4-0 in the Super Bowl and never threw an INT and didn't have to rely on a kicker to help win him a ring too. Brady is a hell of a QB and I would want him as the Bears QB but its not even close debating these two.

See, I'd have to take Brady from what I've seen and read, etc... Brady shouldn't get knocked for being to more Super Bowls even if he lost them. 4-2, is better than 4-0 in this case, because getting to the SB and losing is a better season than not getting there.... Montana also had an astronomically better supporting cast around him.... Yeah, give me Brady

Joe Montana says "Hi"

4-0

See, I'd have to take Brady from what I've seen and read, etc... Brady shouldn't get knocked for being to more Super Bowls even if he lost them. 4-2, is better than 4-0 in this case, because getting to the SB and losing is a better season than not getting there.... Montana also had an astronomically better supporting cast around him.... Yeah, give me Brady

This is almost an apple to oranges type comparison. Both qb's are great and would be loved by any franchise. But the style of play is drastically different in the NFL. When Joe played the defenses were not hampered as much as they are today. But unlike then the talent today is far more even across the entire NFL. It's not just dominated by the NFC like when Joe played making a 4-0 record in the Superbowl easier. So i'd give the nod to Brady with a 4-2 record as today any team can win. Well except for my Raiders as lets face it, thats where careers go to die currently.