New Member...Are opinions allowed on this site?

I am a new member. Been a Husker fan for 52 years. Loved Devaney and Osborne. Loved Frank as a player but recognized he was not the man for the HC job after losing TO recruits. Hated Peterson...knew him when he worked at AkSarBen...a worthless egotist then, who only got worse over time. He fired FS a year late...but since he delayed in 2002, he should have given FS another year, though I think FS was destined to fail as HC. Hated the Callahan hire all the way...though I think he actually had things coming around in 2005 and 2006 before losing the team after the USC debacle in 2007. I liked the Bo hire, finally realized he was destined to fail after the very first Wisconsin beat down we received in 2011. I am very relieved that we now seem to have a very competent, mature, capable and experienced staff.

I've been temporarily banned from another site for having my opinions and am hoping that the moderators on this site actually allow opinions and are not jackasses who enjoy "vacationing" folks for no reason at all. So...my question for the regulars here is...are opinions allowed here?

I recognize your name from HuskerMax.com. I've lurked there off and on for over a decade now. That said, while I recognize your name, I really don't know much about any individual posters, including you.

My best advice to you would be to be careful of how you put your opinions across. Like I said in another thread about a banned poster, many times its not what you say, but how you say it. I've struggled with this from time to time in my life and I know others have as well. I always try to avoid attacking someone personally and instead try to discuss their opinions in a rational manner.

• Fire 1

You know.....you can always just BE YOURSELF.

Say your piece.

Discuss others viewpoints and be honest without making/taking everything personal.

It is after all, just an Internet message board.

Much like life, there's going to be people who like you and don't like you. People who agree and disagree. Its when people can't handle a disagreement like a big boy is usually when problems arise. Most people understand that not everyone will see eye to eye on everything, and THAT'S OKAY.

My other recommendation is don't ask questions. For some reason asking questions about someone else's viewpoint seems to really piss them off. (especially questions about Tim Beck)

No, but it appears as if other posters disagree.

Could you provide some examples of people that have been suspended or banned for nothing more than offering an unpopular opinion?
You think it's that simple?

It seems pretty simple. OP is wondering whether he can post opinions without running afoul of ban-happy mods. Dagerow says no. I'm just asking for some examples to support that claim. There's been plenty jackasses that have been banned from this forum, but as I said on the first page, those bans have been due to those users' dicketry, not their opinions.

Could you provide some examples of people that have been suspended or banned for nothing more than offering an unpopular opinion?
You think it's that simple?

It seems pretty simple. OP is wondering whether he can post opinions without running afoul of ban-happy mods. Dagerow says no. I'm just asking for some examples to support that claim. There's been plenty jackasses that have been banned from this forum, but as I said on the first page, those bans have been due to those users' dicketry, not their opinions.
Since the Mods or Admin won't tell anyone why someone was banned, I fail to see how anyone can show you the example you are asking for. In addition, your opinion of dickery is, well, like your opinion, man.

Sorry. That was meant as a joke. My bad. Of course, everyone is entitled to post their opinion absence insults of other posters. Indeed, in my experience, huskerboard is the most "open" forum, but I like it because of the humor. What can I say, gifs crack me up.