"If there is a second Tom Osborne, it would be Mike Riley"

Mavric

If those are your goals, I honestly think Riley will be successful.

If you want conference championships or appearances in New Years Six bowls, prepare to be let down. The only real chance for that to happen is next season, the schedule after that makes it much to difficult.

at this point, with the B1G seeming to be in the process of really beefing up, i think that will always be a real challenge.

I really like Coach Riley. The optimism, the work ethic, his devotion to the job and the wisdom he brings. I just really hope it all comes together on the field. It would be hard for me to see a guy like this asked to leave the program. It was kind of a bummer for me when Solich was fired simply because I liked Frank as a man. I respected him. I'm gaining a lot of respect the more I learn of Riley and some of his assistants as well. Fact remains though, it's all about what happens on gameday. If I had to say right now though, I just have a feeling we are going to kick some serious ass in the coming seasons. I think it's going to go really well.

• Fire 1

I really like Coach Riley. The optimism, the work ethic, his devotion to the job and the wisdom he brings. I just really hope it all comes together on the field. It would be hard for me to see a guy like this asked to leave the program. It was kind of a bummer for me when Solich was fired simply because I liked Frank as a man. I respected him. I'm gaining a lot of respect the more I learn of Riley and some of his assistants as well. Fact remains though, it's all about what happens on gameday. If I had to say right now though, I just have a feeling we are going to kick some serious ass in the coming seasons. I think it's going to go really well.

it is. but he has been a real breath of fresh air so far.

it is. but he has been a real breath of fresh air so far.

Absolutely. No doubt about it.

Really? I hope he is a second T.O., however is it not setting these types of expectations setting up M.R. before he even starts? Cant we focus on getting 9 wins?

Why? How about we focus on beating the best teams on our schedule? If we succeed at that, we'll have all the wins we could ask for.

Really? I hope he is a second T.O., however is it not setting these types of expectations setting up M.R. before he even starts? Cant we focus on getting 9 wins?

Why? How about we focus on beating the best teams on our schedule? If we succeed at that, we'll have all the wins we could ask for.

I agree. This 9 wins stuff is sort of old thinking IMO.

9 wins.....

1P9N02n.gif

Seriously. At what point did this 9 wins things go from unacceptable to the benchmark. TO almost got canned and almost quit for only winning 9 games.

Conference championships and being in the conversation for National Titles. Those are the expectations and standards for our program. If Riley cant do that in a few years, well, we'll rinse, repeat and start again like we've been doing for the last 12 years or so. That's college football guise. And I'm glad we made the statement we did by not lowering our standards this past fall.

• Fire 1

We're going to let him win a meaningful game first before we start building an effigy right? This is our 4th coach in less than 20 years, surely you've smartened up by now? Let's let him get a season under his belt before you start deifying him. I'd have his excitement and energy too if I became a millionaire overnight. SMH

And to take the other road, let's let him fail miserably at something (like lose to Wisconsin in embarrasing fashion time and time again) before we doubt him. Cuz I see a lot of that going on too.