This is why it's hard to keep up with SEC teams

Step one drop Adidas

Step two ????

Step three PROFIT!!!

Step two is getting a great coach that can recruit. There are many SEC schools that can get the recruits but few actually win something. Great coaching is what separates those schools.

Hopefully Nebraska found a coach that can win a championship.

Compound that with the number of players they sign, look at the last four classes

Bama 99

Georgia 99

LSU 93

Auburn 92

Florida 95

Tennessee 100

S Car 98

Ol Miss 98

Arkansas 101

Nebraska 85

I Know that they over sign but this is the first time I have seen the numbers posted like this. So will they basically cut ten or more players to get down to the limit after they see who signs?

Potentially, but not necessarily when you factor in players leaving early for the draft, JUCO players, and attrition (players who transfer/quit).

Yea I figured it would be some of that, and I bet the locker room and coach pressure to "voluntarily leave" gets pretty ugly. Can you imagine the pressure from the team to get a bench rider sucking up a scholarship to get out of town. But it is big time football and those guys could almost all transfer and get school paid for by another college.

What about Oregon? There aren't too many 4 and 5 star guys coming from that state.

Waiting for the excuses....

Bordering California - 36 of the Rivals 250 are from there. They are constantly playing there which gives a lot of exposure. Add in Oregon and their border states and there's 41. All Nebraska's border states combined have four this year and we got two of them. 83 of their 124 man roster are from in-state or border states.

They built their program up on Nike dollars and a then-weaker Pac-12, a great OC/HC and are now rolling.

• Fire 2

What about Oregon? There aren't too many 4 and 5 star guys coming from that state.

Bordering California - 36 of the Rivals 250 are from there. They are constantly playing there which gives a lot of exposure. Add in Oregon and their border states and there's 41. All Nebraska's border states combined have four this year and we got two of them. 83 of their 124 man roster are from in-state or border states.

They built their program up on Nike dollars and a then-weaker Pac-12, a great OC/HC and are now rolling.

Simply stating it is bordering CA isn't telling the whole story since it is 850 miles from LA to Eugene, OR.

http://uxblog.idvsolutions.com/2014/12/2015-college-football-playoff.html

Simply stating it is bordering CA isn't telling the whole story since it is 850 miles from LA to Eugene, OR.

http://uxblog.idvsolutions.com/2014/12/2015-college-football-playoff.html

And it's not to be simply dismissed either since they play in LA every year.

The demographics deal is why visits earlier in the year are needed. Recruits in the south can load up the car and hit 4 or 5 schools over the course of a week in the summer. Then they commit to where they visited before ever seeing Nebraska in person.

Allowing official visits (Nebraska covers flights/hotel) over the summer after their junior year (or even in the 2nd semester of their jr year) instead of waiting for school to start in the fall of their senior years would be huge for Nebraska.

• Fire 1

A couple of things, while Tennessee has not had guys go pro, they have had a lot of attrition. The kind of attrition that will be coming to an end. The autonomy vote passed full four year scholarships that can not be pulled for on the field performance. So the SEC teams will not be able to easily jettison everyone not on the two deep after a season ends. Only the SEC and Big XII teams voted against this. But it will be binding to them.

A couple of things, while Tennessee has not had guys go pro, they have had a lot of attrition. The kind of attrition that will be coming to an end. The autonomy vote passed full four year scholarships that can not be pulled for on the field performance. So the SEC teams will not be able to easily jettison everyone not on the two deep after a season ends. Only the SEC and Big XII teams voted against this. But it will be binding to them.

I was glad to see this pass, as long as they are going to be called "Student Athletes" colleges need to live up to that standard.

It's a nice gesture but I don't see it changing anything. I'm sure they'll find way to come up with other excuses. There were already a lot of "medical hardships" going on.

That only works if the kid is fine never playing sports again. Plenty of the transfers out of SEC schools are not voluntary, they have had the scholarship pulled.

It's a nice gesture but I don't see it changing anything. I'm sure they'll find way to come up with other excuses. There were already a lot of "medical hardships" going on.

That only works if the kid is fine never playing sports again. Plenty of the transfers out of SEC schools are not voluntary, they have had the scholarship pulled.

You don't think they will still find ways to "get" kids to transfer?

You don't think they will still find ways to "get" kids to transfer?

I will happen to some degree, but it does give some power back to the player, as they can't straight out cut a guy like they do now. It does add enough of a deterrent element that the conference schools voted against the proposal.