GT: #5 Wisconsin at Nebraska - 8PM - ESPN

Btw- anyone see wiscy stay 15 feet off Parker and pack the lane while daring him to shoot? He wouldn't do it.

From a guy who played college ball; I'd sit in the gym and shoot 500 shots a day if not more to ensure that didn't happen. That is so embarrassing. Kid has zero confidence. Really don't understand how he can see the floor at a d1 level.

Maybe he sees the floor because he brings energy and effort and he plays excellent defense. He looked like the only one competing in the first half he was doing his job and he attacked the basket a few times but he did hesitate a lot instead of attacking at the pack defense Wiscy had. I thought he played well but I agree that he needs to shoot good but if he can't shoot he should drive and not hesitate to keep his momentum toward the basket. Next year if parker can give us six a game and we don't play stand around offense we can be good or get everyone a touch thn everyone has rhythm or can shoot with confidence Petteway needs to trust his teammates.

I can appreciate energy and defense but when you struggle to score; at what point does it not make sense for him to play?

He's a role player at best. Great to come in and give max energy for short bursts but there is no way he should play the minutes he does. I realize we may not have a better option, but that is a completely different issue.

I'm not trying to pick on him alone, it's just tough to watch a kid who is legitimately hurting the offense and his teammates by being on the floor.

I have liked the Wisconsin team for quite awhile. They take a lot of home grown kids who seem well coached in high school and get them stronger with a redshirt. They get coached up even more and play within the system. They all can shoot and they all get shots. Teams better come ready to play because no matter what 5 are on the floor, they are all big and effective. On the other hand, last year was a fluke for Nebraska. They rode a wave of momentum with a couple big wins at the end of the season and made it to the NCAA's. I think something happened over the summer with team chemistry. It appears a few players spent the summer partying and not focusing on B Ball. Shields and Smith might be the only kids we have who could see the court on the Badgers team.

As for next year I think Andrew White the transfer from KU will be the shooter we need this year. I don't see Pett going pro after the year he has had so he better be ready to play ball next year or he might be on the bench.

When I watched the end of the game and saw all the fight in the team I thought this loss could really turn things around but after reading some of the comments of the players it sounds like it just disheartened them more. Shows how much I know about Hoop-er-ball

That is what I think...that loss finished them. Even Miles "slipped" and said something like "Yeah, we need to get ready and make a run in the Big Ten Tourney" of course implying that the season is in the tank and they have to pray they get hot for 4 days in Chicago. They shot their wad in that Wisconsin game...and like I always say...you can't but the seaman back in the sub.

Here's my take on it....if you're not getting it done with your starters and they are frustrated and you don't want to spend redshirts...play the walk-ons and give them a shot. Sure you might get beat but you're getting beat anyway and why not give someone a chance? You got guys who walked on and this is their last shot to play for their hometown state...the heart and motivation will be there and really, at this point in time, you have nothing to lose because the team is anemic.

Basketball is not like football, we had 1 walk-on that might be able to play & he had an ACl. Like it or not, the best 7 or 8 we have are playing.

Here's my take on it....if you're not getting it done with your starters and they are frustrated and you don't want to spend redshirts...play the walk-ons and give them a shot. Sure you might get beat but you're getting beat anyway and why not give someone a chance? You got guys who walked on and this is their last shot to play for their hometown state...the heart and motivation will be there and really, at this point in time, you have nothing to lose because the team is anemic.

Basketball is not like football, we had 1 walk-on that might be able to play & he had an ACl. Like it or not, the best 7 or 8 we have are playing.

I coached high school basketball for 6 years. I'm telling you that benching people sometimes wakes them up.

I agree a few players should ride the pine, but our walk-on are not the answer!

Walk-ons aren't the answer to win...but they could be the answer to shock the starters out of their funk. Nothing else is working...

Yea they could I would say Menke has a nice shot but can't drive.

Kye is done for the season after that T against Hawaii so he won't play because he cost the team the game and it led us to the fifth place finish.

Also we didn't play well so we needed those 2 points back he wasn't the ONLY reason but I put blame on him for being stupid and hanging on the rim before the game..

We could start Menke but that's about it Kurkowski is not fast and maybe start Moses or other bench players to send a message not just walk ons cause we only have two that can play...

Walk-ons aren't the answer to win...but they could be the answer to shock the starters out of their funk. Nothing else is working...

I have watched Menke in HS and now as husker. He can shoot, but his defense and ball handling is very poor. Nebraska is not that great program that lower D1 talent comes to, so they can get a chance to play power5 basketball. Day is the only one and he is here because his dad played for the Huskers