Talent Depth This Year

If you watched Oregon St. at all, you see a bit of Wisconsin in them. They commit a lot of power to the point of attack. Not overly complicated, but very effective. .

The obvious question is, if Oregon State's OL play was "very effective".....and Riley is known for quarterback development......why no championships?......why losing records?

How many coaches win championships at P5 schools each year with similar resources as OSU is the next obvious question for you

If you watched Oregon St. at all, you see a bit of Wisconsin in them. They commit a lot of power to the point of attack. Not overly complicated, but very effective. .

The obvious question is, if Oregon State's OL play was "very effective".....and Riley is known for quarterback development......why no championships?......why losing records?

How many coaches win championships at P5 schools each year with similar resources as OSU is the next obvious question for you

Not Riley is the obvious answer. I just see a disconnect between what Riley is known for and his results.

Why ruin a good thread?

• Fire 1

Not Riley is the obvious answer. I just see a disconnect between what Riley is known for and his results.

I hope when Riley and this Nebraska team succeeds, we see a disconnect from you.

• Fire 1

Good post.

My input (insert Debbie downer gif for some of my comments): Yes, there is talent, but learning a new system and adjusting to new coaches does have an effect. Also, I don't think the development you talk about will be overnight. It grows with time. But the area Riley and his staff are known for (QB development) is exactly what we need.

But when you break down the positions, there is a lot of depth in a lot of areas. I didn't realize how good until your post. However, lb or de depth is very concerning because it's so bad now, that any injury would really cause a problem. Freshman will need to step up in those positions. period. (if something happens at saftey, a cb or freshman could easily step in so I'm not too concerned).

Good post.

My input (insert Debbie downer gif for some of my comments): Yes, there is talent, but learning a new system and adjusting to new coaches does have an effect. Also, I don't think the development you talk about will be overnight. It grows with time. But the area Riley and his staff are known for (QB development) is exactly what we need.

But when you break down the positions, there is a lot of depth in a lot of areas. I didn't realize how good until your post. However, lb or de depth is very concerning because it's so bad now, that any injury would really cause a problem. Freshman will need to step up in those positions. period. (if something happens at saftey, a cb or freshman could easily step in so I'm not too concerned).

It sure does. Remember when Ohio State was 5-7 and ended the season on a 4 game losing skid in 2011 and then had an entirely new staff brought in with a completely new system?

I mean, they totally laid an egg by going 12-0 the next year. It must be really hard for good coaches to teach new systems. :sarcasm

Just saying...

Yes, but that is rare (and there was some continuity with the "temporary head coach" returning to be defensive coordinator). A majority of the time it does have an effect. Indeed, I think almost everyone will say you need to give Riley some time to implement his system and get his type of players.

Why ruin a good thread?

Someone has to pick up slack since the bannings...