Players Banned from Locker Room and Lounge

The attitude, lack luster effort, rebounding tenacity, all examples of coaching.

Also, you are 100% wrong on this.

These are perfect examples of the opposite actually. These are things a coach cannot control. He can try but these things are on the players. A coach can bench a player who is not bringing these things to the game, and I think Miles is trying everything he can before he ends somebody's playing time.

I know we like to think a coach is responsible for everything, but those things you listed can't possibly be on Miles. These are pretty much grown men you're talking about. Nobody controls your effort, attitude, or tenacity throughout your everyday life, nobody but you. Why would you expect a coach to control those things from five, six, or seven 19-22 year old kids? The effort is on those young men, Miles is clearly doing what he can to show them they need to step up. Hence, the topic of the thread.

Did you blame Bo when we put forth a terrible effort or looked uninterested?

It's not a dichotomy - it doesn't have to be - an is definitely not - 100% on the players or 100% on the coaches. Everyone needs to do better and can try different things. To state otherwise is not accepting reality.

Bo had 7 years; Miles has had 2 1/2 years. At the beginning, I supported Bo 100% and it was time for him to move on. Both walked into a mess. Is Miles the answer? I do not know, but I am just saying Miles needs time to build and the future looks promising.

I don't disagree with you. True said attitude and lack luster effort were 100% uncontrollable by the coach. That hasn't seemed to be the consensus over the last few years. I was curious what his thoughts were.

• Fire 1

That's not 100℅ uncontrolable, but in no way can you blame it solely on the staff. It's not like we don't try to drive to create. The problem is we drive in and collapse the zone so well that they are trapped by two or three players and then panic and turn it over. Sometimes they are able to do the common two or three dribble drive and create, meaning pass the damn ball when they start to collapse, not after they already did. And, then we get a nice open jump shot that either about breaks the back board, misses everything, or occasionally goes in. This usually is followed by either yelling at a teammate, their selves, or chest bumping but either way not getting back on d and giving up an easy one. When we do settle for an open or not open jumper right away and either brick or every once in a while make one. We get back on d (without even looking for a rebound) and three or four stand there and watch the one or two aggressive ones and either get called for a lazy foul or they create an easy lay-up or jumper. Either way the team is really lazy and now very undisciplined. The staff needs some blame but when Miles says that they won't listen to leadership amongst all of the other stuff I think it is safe to say that miles has been trying to change things and a few (and this is all it takes) don't want to or don't think they need to change.

That's not 100℅ uncontrolable, but in no way can you blame it solely on the staff. It's not like we don't try to drive to create. The problem is we drive in and collapse the zone so well that they are trapped by two or three players and then panic and turn it over. Sometimes they are able to do the common two or three dribble drive and create, meaning pass the damn ball when they start to collapse, not after they already did. And, then we get a nice open jump shot that either about breaks the back board, misses everything, or occasionally goes in. This usually is followed by either yelling at a teammate, their selves, or chest bumping but either way not getting back on d and giving up an easy one. When we do settle for an open or not open jumper right away and either brick or every once in a while make one. We get back on d (without even looking for a rebound) and three or four stand there and watch the one or two aggressive ones and either get called for a lazy foul or they create an easy lay-up or jumper. Either way the team is really lazy and now very undisciplined. The staff needs some blame but when Miles says that they won't listen to leadership amongst all of the other stuff I think it is safe to say that miles has been trying to change things and a few (and this is all it takes) don't want to or don't think they need to change.

I dont think anyone is putting 100% blame on the coaching staff.

There are just some who want to put almost 0% on the staff and all on the players.

IF players are not getting back on D or are being lazy, that is on the coaching staff to bench them.

• Fire 2
  • 2 weeks later...