Players Banned from Locker Room and Lounge

I say a big chunk is coaching. Scheming an offense to go at the rim, exploit the free throw line area , and have guys cutting into the voids of the zone are ways to attack a zone. Seldom do we see these things, except for Shields during a game occasionally. Also Craig Smith was miles go to in game adjuster on offense. Failing to replace his offensive mind with another, is on him.

Secondly, let's say this team gets hot and starts busting a zone. What is the other coach going to do. Probably go full court trapping pressure and continuing to do this in the half court. Why??? Because this team looks like a junior high team against that pressure. Catching the inbounds pass in the corners, picking up their dribble against the sideline, not coming back to the ball. All simple concepts taught at the youngest of ages, but things this team has done for three years. The scouting report was true back then, full court pressure drop back to a zone or half court trap. Again coaching.

The attitude, lack luster effort, rebounding tenacity, all examples of coaching.

Finally I've concluded that if we as a board could blame Bo for fumble issues than miles is fair game for missing shots

• Fire 2

I say a big chunk is coaching. Scheming an offense to go at the rim, exploit the free throw line area , and have guys cutting into the voids of the zone are ways to attack a zone. Seldom do we see these things, except for Shields during a game occasionally. Also Craig Smith was miles go to in game adjuster on offense. Failing to replace his offensive mind with another, is on him.

Secondly, let's say this team gets hot and starts busting a zone. What is the other coach going to do. Probably go full court trapping pressure and continuing to do this in the half court. Why??? Because this team looks like a junior high team against that pressure. Catching the inbounds pass in the corners, picking up their dribble against the sideline, not coming back to the ball. All simple concepts taught at the youngest of ages, but things this team had done for three years. The shooting report was true back then, full court pressure drop back to a zone or half court trap. Again coaching.

The attitude, lack luster effort, rebounding tenacity, all examples of coaching.

Finally I've concluded that if we as a board could blame Bo for fumble issues and miles is fair game for missing shots

Finally! Yes! Someone that understands!

Boy......reading that little report by Paulcrewe the official spokesmen for the anti-Miles brigade apparently, there's no explanation for the first NCAA appearance since 1998 last year, and no reason for hope in the future as long as Miles is the coach. Sorry, but I'm not buying trash today. Miles knows what he's doing. I don't think the players are executing everything Miles is asking them to do which is why Miles is taking some pretty drastic steps to get their attention. We are suffering from the lack of a third scoring option. We have no presence under the basket.

Miles will get it fixed and he deserves some credit for grabbing the bull by the horns and challenging his players to be better instead of accepting the result and trying to be the players "best buddy". Much unlike another coach we saw exit recently.

Also, you are 100% wrong on this.

These are perfect examples of the opposite actually. These are things a coach cannot control. He can try but these things are on the players. A coach can bench a player who is not bringing these things to the game, and I think Miles is trying everything he can before he ends somebody's playing time.

I know we like to think a coach is responsible for everything, but those things you listed can't possibly be on Miles. These are pretty much grown men you're talking about. Nobody controls your effort, attitude, or tenacity throughout your everyday life, nobody but you. Why would you expect a coach to control those things from five, six, or seven 19-22 year old kids? The effort is on those young men, Miles is clearly doing what he can to show them they need to step up. Hence, the topic of the thread.

• Fire 1

Some want to blame the coach for everything...others feel like nothing is the coaches fault.

Yep...It is the "Same as it ever was" (Who can name the band?) just like the first few years when Bo started...

This is just it.

I dont blame Miles for the losses. I agree with others that it is on the players to execute.. however, when you lose 5 in a row, and they are all in similar styles, you expect a head coach to make changes... effective changes.

Some people seem to have this "Miles can do no wrong" mantra.

I am in the middle. Miles is the best coach for Nebraska and i love what the future holds for us and it is 100% because of Timmy... but, when we lose games, we cant be afraid to say "That one is on Tim"...

There is a healthy balance.

• Fire 1

These are perfect examples of the opposite actually. These are things a coach cannot control. He can try but these things are on the players. A coach can bench a player who is not bringing these things to the game, and I think Miles is trying everything he can before he ends somebody's playing time.

I know we like to think a coach is responsible for everything, but those things you listed can't possibly be on Miles. These are pretty much grown men you're talking about. Nobody controls your effort, attitude, or tenacity throughout your everyday life, nobody but you. Why would you expect a coach to control those things from five, six, or seven 19-22 year old kids? The effort is on those young men, Miles is clearly doing what he can to show them they need to step up. Hence, the topic of the thread.

Did you blame Bo when we put forth a terrible effort or looked uninterested?

It's not a dichotomy - it doesn't have to be - an is definitely not - 100% on the players or 100% on the coaches. Everyone needs to do better and can try different things. To state otherwise is not accepting reality.

• Fire 2

It's not a dichotomy - it doesn't have to be - an is definitely not - 100% on the players or 100% on the coaches. Everyone needs to do better and can try different things. To state otherwise is not accepting reality.

Bo had 7 years; Miles has had 2 1/2 years. At the beginning, I supported Bo 100% and it was time for him to move on. Both walked into a mess. Is Miles the answer? I do not know, but I am just saying Miles needs time to build and the future looks promising.

Bo had 7 years; Miles has had 2 1/2 years. At the beginning, I supported Bo 100% and it was time for him to move on. Both walked into a mess. Is Miles the answer? I do not know, but I am just saying Miles needs time to build and the future looks promising.

You kind of bring up something that could be interesting...after 3 full seasons (which I know Miles has not yet had) who looked "better"

Bo

or

Tim