Players Banned from Locker Room and Lounge

Putting the ball through the hoop is the obvious problem. You can't win if you can't score . But it's how you play that will enable you to be successful in putting the ball on the basket. And this team has played terribly more times this year than they played well.

I've seen plenty of instances where the team has played hard but shoots sub 20%. if we were a rebounding machine or caused a lot of turnovers, I'd be more acceptable to that due to the number of shots. However, we play above to average defense but can't shoot a lick, which results is limited shots. Played the exact same as last year, but we made shots and protected home court.

You all can get hung up on a 7 pt a game scorer but your also missing that he was a great on ball defender and could get a quick shot off at any time. Comparing fuller to him? Get real.

The first part of your statement falls directly in the shoulders of Miles. It's his responsibility to create an offense that fits the players. He isn't doing that. They all just dance around the 3 point line until the shot clock hits 5 seconds and then they shoot a jumper. Or Petteway jacks a 3 from half court on a fast break.

Miles was just commenting on the disparity of free throws between the Huskers and opponents. It's because no one even attempts to establish any inside game to draw fouls.

And as far as Gallegos goes, while his defense was admirable, we haven't really seen a drop off in that area. Where we have is offense. And again, it's on Miles to find someone that can take that spot. Although it will be difficult to pry the ball from TP to find out if anyone else can score.

Miles was just commenting on the disparity of free throws between the Huskers and opponents. It's because no one even attempts to establish any inside game to draw fouls.

I was surprised that he kind of complained about this as well. It's not hard to figure out that almost any team is going to draw more fouls - and, thus, more free throws - than our team that stands around the outside and bombs threes.

I agree that the problem goes much further than just Gallegos. However, regardless of actual points scored, they other team had to commit a person to closely guard him at all times. This helped to open up lanes and give us a threat. Fuller (or anyone else) is not seen as the same threat so they can pack the paint. Gallegos indirectly helped to create those driving lanes that don't show up in the stats.

I don't agree. Why would you be particularly worried about a player shooting 23%? Benny Parker is shooting 33%.

We can agree to disagree. I see what you are saying, however it's not about Gallegos percentage. It was just the fear that he could get hot, even Miles said previously that teams over respected Gallegos at times last year. Even with a higher percentage, Parker for example has never made 4+ three-pointers in a game. There is no threat of him getting hot, Gallegos provided the fear factor regardless of if it was over-respected by teams at times. The offensive deficiencies go deeper than just one player, but this is one reason.

• Fire 2

Nate Hawkins transferred and he could score and he showed some flashes.

Reality is he wouldn't get us to 19 wins but lets say he scores a few against Incarnate word, URI and Hawaii and maybe Wisconsin that

and lets say we win two of those games we are 15-12.

Anyway, we have enough players and talent to score heck make the guards make a good pass to the post and see what Leslee can do and give Moses a few touches maybe hes not much of an offensive threat but we need a respectable inside game to get open shots. We aren't shooting well so we should be flying to the offensive glass and playing team basketball not let me get my 19 points then go sit down. Maybe play zone defense and run some plays on offense and do what we did against Maryland and maybe we will have a chance to win 2/3 remaining games.

O lord....

The struggles are not because Gallegos or Hawkins left... What is next, someone will say "WE SUCK BECAUSE VUCETIC LEFT!"

It boils down to a few things. We arent shooting as well as last year. That can be correlated to the fact that teams know we have two major threats: Petteway and Shields.

We are no longer an unknown team that catches teams off guard. Our 2nd and 3rd tier players that made us special last year: Pitchford, Parker, Rivers, Leslee are not playing as well.

David Rivers has been slowly pushed out. He offered some rebounding ability and hustle last year.. that has gone away.

Parker has shown spark plug moments but not to what we had last year off the bench.

At the end of the day, the heart and chip on the shoulder is gone. People arent taking us for granted.

Miles isnt a bad coach

Petteway isnt a bad player

It just so happens that their weaknesses(they both have them) are being taken advantage of by opponents. Until Miles figures out how to fix that, we will continue losing.

• Fire 1

I was surprised that he kind of complained about this as well. It's not hard to figure out that almost any team is going to draw more fouls - and, thus, more free throws - than our team that stands around the outside and bombs threes.

In that same regard, a packed-in zone defense is going to foul far less than an aggressive man-to-man. It is not rocket science.

• Fire 1

In that same regard, a packed-in zone defense is going to foul far less than an aggressive man-to-man. It is not rocket science.

You have to find a way to beat the zone then. It's not rocket science that people get fouled less often shooting jumpers as opposed to driving to the rim.

• Fire 1

You have to find a way to beat the zone then. It's not rocket science that people get fouled less often shooting jumpers as opposed to driving to the rim.

Exactly...

You can't build your offense around jump-shooting if you have crappy shooters...that is coaching 101

THIS!

Scheme needs to change.

Teams run a zone against us.. the picks at the top of the key dont work.

You need to drive the lane, force the defense to collapse and then two passes should get you an open shot.

This is where i want to see a guy like Fuller get the ball. Terran drives the lane, flips it to shields in the corner and fuller drifts to the top of the 3 point line for hopefully a open look.

THIS!

Scheme needs to change.

You need to drive the lane, force the defense to collapse and then two passes should get you an open shot.

This is where i want to see a guy like Fuller get the ball. Terran drives the lane, flips it to shields in the corner and fuller drifts to the top of the 3 point line for hopefully a open look.

So drive the lane right into the heart of the zone defense, then after the defense "collapses" pass the ball back outside so one of the guys can shoot a perimeter shot that weve been missing all season?

Your running circles right back into the issue.

They have to make shots, period.

The rest will happen naturally if they just make shots. If they don't make shots, that opposing defense doesn't loosen up and I don't see how you expect a guy to drive into three defenders and take a clean shot or not turn the ball over. The defense can't collapse, they already are playing under the hoop because they don't respect our shooters.

Forgive me, but your final paragraph basically brought you full circle right back to your own issue with the offense. Drive the lane, then pass it back outside for an open look at a three. Come on man , isn't this exactly the type of shots some of you have been complaining about?

Why don't you guys face the fact that the real issue isn't Miles, or what kind of offense we are running. If the ball was going in the hoop, you wouldn't have any issues.

• Fire 1

Last year we shot 47.4% from inside the arc. This year we're shooting 49.5%. We are averaging 51.3 shots per game. That means we'd actually be scoring one ppg less than last year if we were shooting the same percentage.

Last year we shot 33.3% on threes. This year we're shooting 28.7%. We're taking 18.5 threes per game. That means we're making 0.85 fewer threes per game than we would have at last year's percentage. And that's ignoring the fact that perhaps taking bad shots is contributing to the drop in percentage which can be affected by coaching.

Last year we shot 71.7% from the line. This year we're shooting 71.9%.

Put that all together and shooting worse is costing us 1.5 points per game. How many games would that change the result?

Edit: Realized my first math double-counted shots. Broke out shooting threes and other shots from the floor.

• Fire 1

THIS!

Scheme needs to change.

So drive the lane right into the heart of the zone defense, then after the defense "collapses" pass the ball back outside so one of the guys can shoot a perimeter shot that weve been missing all season?

Your running circles right back into the issue.

They have to make shots, period.

The rest will happen naturally if they just make shots. If they don't make shots, that opposing defense doesn't loosen up and I don't see how you expect a guy to drive into three defenders and take a clean shot or not turn the ball over. The defense can't collapse, they already are playing under the hoop because they don't respect our shooters.

Forgive me, but your final paragraph basically brought you full circle right back to your own issue with the offense. Drive the lane, then pass it back outside for an open look at a three. Come on man , isn't this exactly the type of shots some of you have been complaining about?

Why don't you guys face the fact that the real issue isn't Miles, or what kind of offense we are running. If the ball was going in the hoop, you wouldn't have any issues.

Open shots and contested shots are different. Teams are taking Petteway and Shields away.

I am saying lets run an offense that allows for other guys to get a chance to score.

I am not running circles when the idea of missed shots circles back to the idea that the shots are contested and arent good shots.

And again, because i dont think you get my point. We need to create shots for other guys. Guys are open. they need to take those shots... The offense right here does not use the dribble drive to create open looks right now.. it uses perimeter passing to take shots that arent open.