Players Banned from Locker Room and Lounge

How is this becoming a comparison in shooting percentages from last year to this year?

Nebraska had 16 points at the half last weekend. 18 at the half against Michigan. 16 against Minnesota. 13 points at halftime against Penn St. 13 points in the first half against Wisconsin.

I don't care what the percentages say about last year vs. this year. This is a team that starts slow and shoots poorly.

Does the defense play bad? I don't know if it's as bad as you might say. When you turn the ball over, miss shots, and don't get rebounds, it generally results in more opportunities for the other team.

They have to make shots, period.

<snip>

Why don't you guys face the fact that the real issue isn't Miles, or what kind of offense we are running. If the ball was going in the hoop, you wouldn't have any issues.

How is this becoming a comparison in shooting percentages from last year to this year?

Nebraska had 16 points at the half last weekend. 18 at the half against Michigan. 16 against Minnesota. 13 points at halftime against Penn St. 13 points in the first half against Wisconsin.

I don't care what the percentages say about last year vs. this year. This is a team that starts slow and shoots poorly.

Does the defense play bad? I don't know if it's as bad as you might say. When you turn the ball over, miss shots, and don't get rebounds, it generally results in more opportunities for the other team.

You said they have to make shots. Period. And if the ball was going in the hoop, we would have any issues. We are making shots at a very similar pace to last year. But the results are significantly different. Thus, it is obviously about much more than simply making shots.

• Fire 1

<snip>

Why don't you guys face the fact that the real issue isn't Miles, or what kind of offense we are running. If the ball was going in the hoop, you wouldn't have any issues.

You said they have to make shots. Period. And if the ball was going in the hoop, we would have any issues. We are making shots at a very similar pace to last year. But the results are significantly different. Thus, it is obviously about much more than simply making shots.

What is it then?

<snip>

Good lord.

Mavric is just destroying this argument with stats/facts.

Well done Mavric...

#dropthemicrophone

I think running a different offense to potentially create better shots would go a long ways. I don't really get the weave at the top of the key until there is 5 seconds left on the shot clock and then force a jumper idea.

Imagine how much Terrans numbers would improve if he had open shots.

Same thing with Pitch.

Only way to get open shots is start having other guys take and make open shots.

If they double team TP and SS, someone is open. That person needs to be ready to take advantage of it.

Once that starts to happen, defenses have to play us differently and that allows our two studs to get better opportunities.

I think running a different offense to potentially create better shots would go a long ways. I don't really get the weave at the top of the key until there is 5 seconds left on the shot clock and then force a jumper idea.

Imagine how much Terrans numbers would improve if he had open shots.

Same thing with Pitch.

Only way to get open shots is start having other guys take and make open shots.

If they double team TP and SS, someone is open. That person needs to be ready to take advantage of it.

Once that starts to happen, defenses have to play us differently and that allows our two studs to get better opportunities.

I think many of us have stated the importance of a third scoring threat. Thats kind of the point here isn't it?

Who is the guy who is taking and making shots?

I can guarantee you one person at will not be e third scoring threat in this offense, Tim Miles can't possibly do it.

Last year we shot 47.4% from inside the arc. This year we're shooting 49.5%. We are averaging 51.3 shots per game. That means we'd actually be scoring one ppg less than last year if we were shooting the same percentage.

Last year we shot 33.3% on threes. This year we're shooting 28.7%. We're taking 18.5 threes per game. That means we're making 0.85 fewer threes per game than we would have at last year's percentage. And that's ignoring the fact that perhaps taking bad shots is contributing to the drop in percentage which can be affected by coaching.

Last year we shot 71.7% from the line. This year we're shooting 71.9%.

Put that all together and shooting worse is costing us 1.5 points per game. How many games would that change the result?

Edit: Realized my first math double-counted shots. Broke out shooting threes and other shots from the floor.

This is the bossest post that has ever been posted! #Boss

Basically...as the stats show almost everything is the same and almost the entire team is the same...

Soooooooo...What happened? The other coaches in the league have adjusted and schemed...

We averaged 66 last year and 62 this year. The biggest difference between the 2 year's stats is we are getting out shot which goes back to offensive rebounds. We need a pure shooter and rebounder. This would spread out the defense and allow Petteway & Shields room to score.

What about on defense? How many did they give up a game last year compared to this year? That might tell more?