OT Tremayne Anchrum Jr. [Clemson - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Tremayne has the frame to put on several good pounds, but what's more important is that he has the athleticism to to stay in front of these edge/speed rushers. We've seen what idealisticly tall yet slow footed OTs look like.

Well, his current reported wgt is more suited for DE. I thought the modern DT had to be at least 300 to even be taken seriously these days, but what do I know. I'm sure he's a very good player, just curious as to how he's going to put on the necessary wgt.

oops, laner, my bad...

Tremayne has the frame to put on several good pounds, but what's more important is that he has the athleticism to to stay in front of these edge/speed rushers. We've seen what idealisticly tall yet slow footed OTs look like.

Well, his current reported wgt is more suited for DE. I thought the modern DT had to be at least 300 to even be taken seriously these days, but what do I know. I'm sure he's a very good player, just curious as to how he's going to put on the necessary wgt.

Wasn't Spencer Long like 240 coming out of high school? This guy given a couple years with the training staff could get big enough.

From 250 to 315--that's alot of burgers and pizza.
Not sure where you got 250. The OP says 255 but if you look at his Rivals profile (he just camped there this spring where he was weighed) they had him at 270. 270 before you finish your JR. year is just fine.

With the nutrition and weight regime he'd be on I feel he could reach the weigh needed. He wouldn't be needed for another 2 years at least as well, pretty sure he'd redshirt. Can't teach footspeed and athleticism, especially with teams moving to 3-4 schemes.

With the nutrition and weight regime he'd be on I feel he could reach the weigh needed. He wouldn't be needed for another 2 years at least as well, pretty sure he'd redshirt. Can't teach footspeed and athleticism, especially with teams moving to 3-4 schemes.

I guess I hadn't realized that a human being could gain 50, 60, or 70 lbs--especially in a relatively short period of time--and not end up as anything other than a couch potato or cardiac patient. Still seems, to me, like that type of regime would be a strain on the system, but I guess it can and has been done. I forget they're not fully grown yet at that age.

A redshirt season and plenty of weight room and proper eating and this kid could easily put on 30+ pounds of generally good weight in a year. It's really not that hard.

30 is one thing, 60 is quite another, I would think. But again, WTF do I know? I guess a junior in h.s. isn't too far removed from puberty.

A redshirt season and plenty of weight room and proper eating and this kid could easily put on 30+ pounds of generally good weight in a year. It's really not that hard.

30 is one thing, 60 is quite another, I would think. But again, WTF do I know? I guess a junior in h.s. isn't too far removed from puberty.
We aren't going to have him play at 330 pounds

We aren't going to have him play at 330 pounds

Well, I was going on that he wghs 255, but supposedly now he wghs 270, so you are probably correct.

I guess I hadn't realized that a human being could gain 50, 60, or 70 lbs--especially in a relatively short period of time--and not end up as anything other than a couch potato or cardiac patient. Still seems, to me, like that type of regime would be a strain on the system, but I guess it can and has been done. I forget they're not fully grown yet at that age.
Well, he's now listed at 268 and he just finished up his JR year. 30+ LBS is not out of the question in 2 years. Nebraska used to do this all the time years ago.

Well, he's now listed at 268 and he just finished up his JR year. 30+ LBS is not out of the question in 2 years. Nebraska used to do this all the time years ago.

Given the current update as to his wgt, I retract all previous comments I made on the subject. Yeah, 30+ lbs is easily doable. Now we just have to land him, or this discussion will all be for naught.

Given the current update as to his wgt, I retract all previous comments I made on the subject. Yeah, 30+ lbs is easily doable. Now we just have to land him, or this discussion will all be for naught.
Absolutely. Like I said, Nebraska made a living off of kids like him. Think it comes down to if he's comfortable leaving Atlanta and if he wants to play gaurd at UGA. They've got 3 tackles already. If we're still in it come fall, I'll go to a game or two of his.

Absolutely. Like I said, Nebraska made a living off of kids like him. Think it comes down to if he's comfortable leaving Atlanta and if he wants to play gaurd at UGA. They've got 3 tackles already. If we're still in it come fall, I'll go to a game or two of his.

Works 4 me.