Spring Quarterback Competition

Sounds like Darlington is running the offense well but definitely doesn't have the arm strength of TA and Bush.

Very few good notes on Stanton this spring. Might be adios.

Stanton and TA have both been quiet lately. Even Bush threw a pick. We've heard Fyfe get a shot with TA out, and now Darlington got some reps. If anything these guys are getting looks which is good to hear. Other than a little soft praise here and there, no one is gushing about any of them. Is this cause for a little concern, or just too soon?

Everytime I hear the coach talking about the quarterback spot I get the impression it's more wide open than we may have thought. I could be off base with that or maybe it's because Armstrong is just working back from that injury that cost him a few pratices. It's just the feeling I take away from his comments.

Sounds like Darlington is running the offense well but definitely doesn't have the arm strength of TA and Bush.

Stanton and TA have both been quiet lately. Even Bush threw a pick. We've heard Fyfe get a shot with TA out, and now Darlington got some reps. If anything these guys are getting looks which is good to hear. Other than a little soft praise here and there, no one is gushing about any of them. Is this cause for a little concern, or just too soon?

right now, we don't have a QB with all the skill sets........we don't have a complete QB, we need to acquire one in the class of '16.........bad!

Just saw post practice update, no pecking order among QBs, but hinted Armstrong still top guy right now.

If I had to guess, I don't think they are super happy with the quarterbacks, but they have a collective idea of the top 3. I'm glad everyone is getting looks. I just hope they QB play improves this year. I get worried when I hear picks or trouble with accuracy and reads. I need to sit back and tell myself it's early and this is all new still.

Just saw post practice update, no pecking order among QBs, but hinted Armstrong still top guy right now.

If I had to guess, I don't think they are super happy with the quarterbacks, but they have a collective idea of the top 3. I'm glad everyone is getting looks. I just hope they QB play improves this year. I get worried when I hear picks or trouble with accuracy and reads. I need to sit back and tell myself it's early and this is all new still.

the only reason TA is still the pick is his experience and his wheels........that's it.

SEEN: Wideout Jamal Turner beating true freshman corner Eric Lee on a go route for a touchdown. Zack Darlington threw the pass.

SEEN: Darlington throwing a perfect pass to tight end Luke McNitt for another score. It was the best throw of any quarterback during the 7-on-7 drill.

SEEN: Tough days overall for quarterbacks in 7-on-7 drills. Throwing with and against a strong wind, many held on to the ball too long and missed open quarterbacks. Josh Kalu picked off A.J. Bush while Jonathan Rose picked off Tommy Armstrong.

OWH

Hate to see them miss those open quarterbacks. [i'm sorry.]

• Fire 1

Yeah, overall it doesn't sound that good. And it's tough to tell sometimes. Is Bush getting more praise because he was less regarded coming out of HS so he's exceeding expectations?

But all spring I've seen barely a mention of Stanton. TA is still the front-runner, Bush is getting some praise, but Stanton is barely mentioned. Except today where a couple guys said he was with the scout team. Not the kind of news that makes me optimistic.

Yeah, overall it doesn't sound that good. And it's tough to tell sometimes. Is Bush getting more praise because he was less regarded coming out of HS so he's exceeding expectations?

But all spring I've seen barely a mention of Stanton. TA is still the front-runner, Bush is getting some praise, but Stanton is barely mentioned. Except today where a couple guys said he was with the scout team. Not the kind of news that makes me optimistic.

I won't get to see spring game. I'm depending and counting on you to tell it like it is (whatever you see with QBs in spring game). Maybe things will clear up a bit for us all. Hope or not.

Big Red may have to rely on some of that offensive genius that Mike Riley has as described by Mack Brown if we do not develop a qb with the qualities the coaches would like to have.

We won't be able to count on a special player like Ameer or Suh to bail us out at times. MR and Langs are here to teach and help, but ultimately a lot will fall on the QB and how he performs on the field this year.